5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Version Well Executed, October 24, 2011
This review is from: Steve Jobs (Kindle Edition)
Unlike so many books in the Kindle format, "Steve Jobs" loses absolutely nothing. The the jacket photos as well as the B&W photo section of SJ are bright and clear. Isaacson's color portrait is likewise tastefully sized. The links to book content as well as Simon & Shuster's web content are not intrusive. The lightly populated "book extras" with links to Shelfari.com and other SJ Kindle books is welcome. The Background Info section has a curious formatting error "Inside Steve's Brain (null)".

In a bit of irony, I chose the Kindle version over the iBook because Amazon provides a reader for my Mac.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 24, 2011 3:45:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 25, 2011 3:45:38 AM PDT
although I found that, the Kindle and iBooks version on the iPad was beautifully formatted, while on the Kindle on PC or Mac, it is not as good -- for example, the lines are too close to each other... there needs to be 1.5 line spacing, and the font is not a good one, not as good as on the iPad's iBooks or Kindle.

Update and correction: the Kindle on Mac actually was very nicely formatted, with the original font and good line spacing. The Kindle on PC seems to use the default font and have no special line spacing, so the lines are quite close together, making it harder to read on screen. Once again, the Mac program seems to be more carefully crafted than the PC version.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 5:27:34 PM PDT
Thinkman says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2011 8:30:59 PM PDT
Pete Dailey says:
If you need to use reading glasses, as I do, it is nice to set the type face, word spacing, and contrast, sit back from the screen, and use Kindle's computer app (even on one of SJ's MBPs) without the damn cheaters. Otherwise, with glasses, I'm an agnostic. I'll read on the iPhone, iPad, or Kindle. Paper if I must.

Puzzling that Apple hasn't applied all of their 2006 slogan "Life Made Easier" to iBooks.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 8:54:40 PM PDT
EZ writer says:

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 11:47:39 PM PDT
"The Background Info section has a curious formatting error "Inside Steve's Brain (null)"."

Steve was a Buddhist. I think he'd be amused.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2011 6:27:10 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 25, 2011 6:37:38 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 8:55:37 PM PDT
Mac Girl says:
I have the Kindle version for my MacBook, proceeded to read on my iPhone 1st Gen, then installed Kindle for PC so my daughter can read it too. There are options to change the font size and the background. Such a pleasure to read Steve's biography like this.

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 1:01:46 AM PDT
I bought the kindle version too as I like reading books in my mac...

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 2:52:17 AM PDT
Thanon K says:
I bought an iBook edition because I was concerned with images quality on kindle. If I had read your post, I would have purchased a kindle edition.

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 11:59:09 AM PST
BgNH says:
I agree with Pete. I thought it best to read the book on the Kindle app on my iPad and iPhone. Its a great read; looked forward to discovering more about Steve Jobs each evening with the book. One feature of the Kindle app that I also like is its "catch up" ability.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (3,899 customer reviews)
 (2,673)