Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

1,575 of 1,677 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for Kindle, June 25, 2011
This review is from: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The story is amazing. However, the book is peppered with hand written letters and amazing vintage photographs which are hard to see and impossible to read on the Kindle. Purchasing this book in hard copy is the only way to go.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 21-30 of 62 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 12, 2012 6:59:30 AM PST
Terri Ann says:
I didn't find any problems enjoying the photos and the hand written notes using Kindle for the iPad. I'm guessing the presentation on the black and white/e-ink Kindles is probably sub par for this book but you had to expect that as one of the limitations of the device, not the book itself.

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 12:55:47 PM PST
Laura C. says:
I read it on my Kindle. The pictures looked fine, and I was able to read the letters. Individuals with near vision issues, however, might have difficulty.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 10:41:04 PM PST
Her review IS for the kindle edition, and your comment is rude. For Kindle readers who are thinking of purchasing it for the Kindle, her review is value added. Now we know the risk; and we can choose to purchase for Kindle or a hard copy.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 5:18:33 PM PST
Susan says:
So glad I heeded this advice and read the hard copy. Thanks for the heads up!

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 9:51:25 AM PST
I. Valdez says:
I bought it for my kindle fire and the photos were fine. You have to zoom-in sometimes but I need glasses to read and I had no problem at all with them. Loved the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 6:47:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 4, 2012 6:56:21 PM PDT
Your comment is good. I personally enjoy books in three formats (or is it media) - hardcover, audiobook and Kindle. Anyway, I sometimes look to reviews to choose which will suit me.
Oh, and a tip for those on a budget...do what I do. Use the public library. I can borrow hardcover books, audiobooks and Kindle books for free.

Chris

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 9:40:57 AM PDT
J. Rusch says:
I also had a hard time with the Kindle version. Mine (K2) wouldn't blow up the pictures or letters. The pictures were crisp and pretty clear, although small. I could read one of the letters but not the rest.

Posted on May 2, 2012 12:46:38 PM PDT
I was able to read all of the letters just fine, though the writing was a bit small. Maybe they've improved them or something.

Posted on May 3, 2012 8:43:32 PM PDT
I read this on my kindle fire. I had to pull it close to my face to read the small handwriting on the photos, but they were fantastic. I wish reviewers would specify which version of the kindle they used! I quid enjoyed my free copy of the ebook from my library.

Posted on May 29, 2012 4:32:15 AM PDT
J. Gebhart says:
I read the book on my Kindle and enlarged the pictures and letters to read them -- after they were enlarged, I had no problem reading them. (The advantages of zoom!)