5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC Quality At Half of The "JBL DUETS" Price, June 15, 2012
This review is from: Philips SPA7210 Multimedia Speakers (Personal Computers)
These Low Priced Multimedia Speakers are the Best Products I have ever Purchased from Amazon, during the 17 consecutive Years I have been an Amazon Customer!

I had previously bought a NEW 24-Inch "Viewsonic" LCD HDTV {from another store} at a Super-Low Sales Price! I Set-Up the TV Correctly, and turned it on.
THEN: I discovered a Major Problem with The TV-- Even with the Audio turned up to the MAX position, I could barely Hear anything!

It was {and still is} advertised by "Viewsonic" as having Two Built-in "3 Watt" Stereo Speakers.
I know Electronics and Electricity well, having studied Electronics in College,
Before I bought it, I ascertained from the Salesman & From Viewsonic that the Speaker's Wattage was {supposed to be}
3 Watts RMS per speaker. That was plenty of Sound & Power for a 24 Inch HDTV.
BUT--when I turned it on and tried to watch a Program, I could not Hear ANYTHING!! I checked out all the Connections, and I had Installed everything correctly - Exactly as the Users Guide said to. But the Audio was ZERO! You could not hear anything unless You put your Ears directly touching the Speakers' Grills! And even that Whisper Was extrenely "Tinney" sounding!

I couldn't return the TV back for a refund--because I bought it at a Really Good Sale Price, and I kept in in my Garage for 16 months. The Warranty was for only 1 year, and even though the box had never been opened, I was out of luck regarding the Warranty.

SO--The ONLY thing left to do was to Buy POWERED SPEAKERS and plug them into the TV's Earphone Output.

I then checked out every set of Stereo Powered-Speakers that Amaxon.com sold, and the ones with the BEST Electronic Specs & Reviews at a decent price, were The "Philips SPA7210 Multimedia {Powered} Speakers."

I wasn't done checking-up on these Powered Speakers. I did some more research, and Everything else was Positive.
I wasn't going to get ripped-off again-- I knew that If I just did not like the "Plilips" for any reason, that Amazon would refund my Money with no questions asked!

So, after U.P.S. delivered them and before I hooked them up to the TV, I plugged in my "JBL Stereo Powered Speakers" that I KNEW to be 4 Watts RMS per Speaker because I used them with my 24" "iMac," and they were plenty loud. So I Plugged The "JBL" Speakers into my T.V. I watched a few different TV programs, and the Audio was Very Good--as I knew it would be.

Then, I finally hooked up the "Philips" to the T.V. --- and I was blown away! I spent $25.00 less than I had spent for the "JBLs," and the Philips Speakers were and are BETTER that the JBLs! They are Louder, with No Distortion, and they have better Stereo-Separation!

In short I Love them! I measured them: They registered at 5 Watts RMS per Channel, and they are the best {and the least expensive} Powered Speakers that Amazon Sells!

They are a STEAL at the Price that AMAZON sells them for!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]