9 of 10 people found the following review helpful
Revolutionary device WHEN considering what it's geared towards.,
This review is from: Bose OE2 audio headphones - White (Electronics)
Before I get into my short review, I'd like to clear something up for those who keep comparing the OE2/OE2i's to its predecessor the original OE's. Unlike the original which was geared to be a bass-driven pair of headphones, the OE2's are focused towards realistic sound - that's right, something klipsch has been doing for years. It still has enough bass, but it is not overpowering or overbearing like that of the original OE (in which bose added "fake" bass into the set for bass lovers). It is not fair to compare the two because even in terms of design the OE2's were manufactured with the mindset of portability and so the nice plastic opposed to metal accents from the original OE's (which made the item heavier and bulkier mind you) was used.
Now that the confusion is out of the way, let's get on to the Pros & Cons of this device.
- Really portable and folds into such a small case, you have to see it in person to realize how portable this is (youtube it to get an idea)
- Packs decent bass which will match the actual amount on a track (meaning if there's no bass in a track, then there will be done) and this leads to clear and crisp sounds.
- Highs are excellent and so are the lows.
- Mids are decent, but aren't sacrificed whatsoever.
- Did I mention how aesthetically pleasing the item is? Come on admit it, it's one of the reasons you're on this page.
- It's so comfortable thanks to the memory foam plus cushions that sometimes I forget it's on my head while listening to music.
- Price-tag. However, when considering what it's geared towards this should turn into a no-brainer (if this is within your budget)
- Some lower priced headphones sound better that'd cost you around 90 dollars or so (Sunrise IEMS, etc but these OE2's were designed with balanced sound, comfort, and portability in mind so this is justified)
- Sound leaks when the volume is turned up past 60% or so
The bottom line?
I'd say its worth the money when considering the mindset Bose had when manufacturing this device. If portability, realistic sound, comfort, and looks are important to you when using headphones - this item lives up to its price point - don't even consider Dre Beats.