5.0 out of 5 stars Best Deal for the Price, April 18, 2011
This review is from: VIZIO E3D320VX 32-Inch Class Theater 3D LCD HDTV with Internet Apps (2011 Model) (Electronics)
If you're looking for a 3D internet connected TV, then this is the one to buy. This TV is probably the best overall value out there right now. Picture is incredible and sound is adequate. By "adequate" I mean that the sound is good enough if this is a TV for your room. If this is a TV is for a family or entertainment room, you may want to buy external speakers just to improve the overall quality of sound.

The internet connectivity and available apps is really nice. If you are a Netflix or Hulu+ user, this will be extremely convenient. There is plenty of apps for sports updates too.

3D is a really nice touch to the TV. I've tried a few things in 3D and can say that you really will get a solid 3D experience from this TV. However you can't be sitting anywhere you want to. The manual comes with a diagram of "optimal 3D viewing". From certain side angles you won't get the 3D viewing.

The only major issue I've had with this TV is when using a PS3 to play video games. Ghosting (motion blur) can be an issue as well as awkward pixelations and lag when viewing in 1080p. Vizio support was more than helpful with this. They recommended changing the output settings on my PS3 which ended up fixing the problem for the most part.

Overall I highly recommend this TV for anyone who is looking for the most advanced TV tech available, while still being able to afford it.

**UPDATE 5/14/11: PS3 Settings to Reduce Ghosting and Eliminate Lag**

After playing with a ton of combinations of settings I found the following PS3 settings to work best while gaming in 2D. These settings were based on MLB 11: The Show because that particular game had the worst ghosting issues out of my games. Other games, may not need these settings. The TV settings listed below are absolutely necessary to have. It will eliminate any lag that you might experience.

PS3 Settings:
--Go to 'Video Settings' and set '1080p 24HzOutput (HDMI)' to OFF.
--Go to 'Display Settings' and change 'Video Output Settings' to 720p. To change this setting you have to choose 'Manual' when it prompts you to choose.
--The only other setting (which I'm not positive I actually changed or if this setting was default) was in 'Game Settings'. I have 'PS Smoothing' set to OFF.

TV Settings:
--TV Settings: Hit 'Menu' on your TV Remote and go to 'Settings'. Make sure the 'Input Source' is set to whatever input your PS3 is using. Go to 'Game Mode' and choose 'ON'. This eliminates all lag while gaming which was a huge problem initially.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 8 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 18, 2011 5:08:36 PM PDT
Darksider says:
I've been waiting for someone to finally post that they've received this tv. I plan on buying one for my room to hook my ps3 up to and watch movies and such.
So, overall it's a good tv for the price?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 5:20:43 PM PDT
Andrew Fujii says:
For the price I definitely think it's the best value out there. I've seen 3D movies on this TV in the store and they looked really good. Like I mentioned before I did have some issues when gaming in 2D so you may have to play around w/ the PS3's settings for that. Movies work perfectly fine though.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2011 4:15:51 PM PDT
Darksider says:
Alright, sweet. If the 2D gameplay can be fixed just by adjusting settings, i'm perfectly fine with that.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2011 9:03:20 PM PDT
BIGJOEJGDE says:
How far can you sit back to still be able to get a good 3D experience and does this set have 2D-3D conversion?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2011 8:31:16 AM PDT
Andrew Fujii says:
The manual says to sit at least 6 feet away from the TV. It doesn't give a maximum range though. I think I've been sitting 4-5 feet away and still getting a good 3D experience (probably not too great for my eyes though).

I don't believe the TV converts 2D to 3D. You'll probably need 3D channels, a 3D blu-ray player, or PS3 to view shows, movies, & games in 3D.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2011 8:25:50 AM PDT
Steven Yang says:
did you get yours from amazon? 1-2 months wait time for me.

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 4:00:36 PM PDT
hey andrew can u please tell me if this tv has a sleep timer where u can set it to come on at a certain hour like and alarm clock?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2011 5:34:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 28, 2011 5:37:27 AM PDT
@Steven
Nope, I ended up going to Wal-Mart to buy it but I usually use Amazon so I figured I'd put up a review.

@Cory
There is a sleep timer, but I'm not sure that it can be set to come on at a certain time. I haven't played with that feature too much but the only option I see is that you can set it to automatically turn off after a certain amount of time.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2011 7:30:51 PM PDT
Alec Hovagim says:
Hey Andrew! just wanted to ask you how much you bought it for at Wal-Mart? On Vizio.com it's $550 and here it's currently $500. Is Wal-Mart any better??

Thx!

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2011 7:56:40 PM PDT
Andrew Fujii says:
It was $500 at Wal-Mart too.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›