2.0 out of 5 stars Truly remarkable how cheap/weak the materials used are, April 4, 2010
This review is from: Kidco Healthy Snack Frozen Treat Trays (Kitchen)
First one of the tops/holders broke as we were lifting out a popsicle, then the holder itself split in two when it dropped (frozen) on the floor - after owning it for 2 weeks. I had an old fashioned one of these when I was young that lasted at least 20 years ... I'd be surprised if anyone had one of these for more than a year without it breaking. Otherwise, the size and design is good.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 4, 2010 2:14:25 PM PDT
Wonky Monkey says:
I am curious, does the material seem unusually thin? Do you think it would have broken if it weren't frozen and fully loaded? Most materials are usually more brittle when frozen. Maybe too the fact that neither BPA nor pthalates were used in the plastic results in less tough material? Have other tops holders broken since you wrote your review?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2010 6:22:49 PM PDT
Josh S. Star says:
It is surprisingly thin, but yes, they broke when they were loaded and frozen, and might not have broken otherwise. I've only had the thing for 3 weeks now, and it's hardly salvageable at this point. I think BPA might be better!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2011 5:20:57 AM PDT
Meg says:
Pthalates, huh? I would like to see some substantiation for that, as to what exactly they do use as a plasticizer, then, because ALL plastics made from petroleum require plasticizers of some sort. If something claims to be free of phthalates (and I didn't see this claiming that), then what does it have in it, instead? That is something people need to be asking themselves in the nearly mindless frenzy to get away from BPA and/or all phthalates. I agree they are bad, but we need to investigate what alternatives are being used, and whether they are as bad, or worse. No magical thinking.

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 10:34:39 AM PDT
JennaLee says:
This is totally off topic,but my cats really liked your comment. I woke up this morning with 34 open tabs of it,and they even screen shot it and saved it... OI. My tray hasn't broken yet,but then again I haven't dropped it. It is only a matter of time since I am clumsy.

Posted on Aug 9, 2011 9:03:49 PM PDT
Jess B says:
In many ways I like these holders, especially the size. However, my tray also fell on the floor and split into two pieces. One of the green pieces also smashed. For now I am using the larger of the broken pieces, but I'll have to replace it soon.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.0 out of 5 stars (308 customer reviews)

$5.99