4.0 out of 5 stars Crazy to start but turned out right!, August 14, 2012
This review is from: AmScope M100C-LED Compound Monocular Microscope, WF10x and WF25x Eyepieces, 40x-1000x Magnification, LED Illumination, Brightfield, Plain Stage (Misc.)
UPDATE: Below is my original reveiw- but I just received a call from am-scope with a very caring representative and they decided to refund my money completely and try to make things a better experience to purchase another scope through them if I desired. The rep. apologized for all of the hassle and assured me that, that was not what their business is about. I am grateful that Amscope company took the time to contact me personally and resolve the issues that I had. I will be considering ordering another scope that better fits our families needs! This scope we would have gladly kept but, we just needed a top light and this model does not have one..... that is the only reason for the 3-4 atar rating so we will look for another one of their models that has a top light! Glad to see that a company actually cares about customer service. I was thinking that they did not care but, now I can see they do.

Original review of experience:I recieved the package and was suprised that the instructions were so horrible-- as in hardly any instructions! I was dissapointed that it had no top light. That is what we need it to have, so with no top light it is useless to us. I admit that on my part, looking at so many I thought it had a top light but, I must have made that mistake. So I proceeded to return it. They make the return such a pain. it has to be within 7 days well it takes them 5 and a whole bunch of calling an emailing just to get your return number. Then they say that you are not within your 7 day period and if they still proceed forward, they deduct your shipping & handeling,( $20.27)and then you have to pay that again to ship it back and it has to be fully insured, plus, you have to include all of your emails and correspondence and in all of the original packaging. Yes, I was expecting some of that, of course but, by the time I am done I have a ton of headache, time, and lost over half of my money just to return it. I was going to return it and still buy a better scope through them but, I DON'T THINK SO NOW!! And I spoke with a supervisor and they really don't care.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 21, 2012 3:18:37 PM PDT
Mr. V says:
Hello,

I was the "supervisor" that spoke with you over the phone. As discussed over the phone and stated on our store policy. We offer free shipping on all of our products to our customers, however if a customer returns an item due to user error. The original cost of shipping would be deducted from the refund amount. It would be the same if you paid shipping for the item, on a refund you would not have the shipping refunded and would need to pay shipping to send the item back.

I dispute your comment of "I didn't care". I address your concerned, answered all your questions. The reason you state that I didnt "care" is because I could not comply to your request.

Peter

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 8:57:51 PM PDT
Could you please tell us your experience with the product itself (optics quality, magnification etc)?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 12:30:30 PM PDT
sorry it took so long.. about the microscope I was not pleased only because we neede a top light and it does not have one on this model... the make seemed a little fragile but we did not use it at all because we needed a scope with a light, so I did not really do anything because I wanted to send it back exactly how it came. Sorry not more helpful on that.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 12:48:41 PM PDT
Dear Peter, I am sorry I have not been on amazon since I purchased the scope. I did not realize you posted a comment. maybe to late to respond back but I was shocked at how much you the shipping cost was... I also had to pay to send it back and it did not cost me as much to send it back and I did not request any fancy service for having it sent to me. I was just blown away that on a 79.00 scope (that wieghs 3lb. if that) I was going to lose over 32.00 just to return it and buy another one from your company. the reason why I said it felt like you did not care was because of the sorry there is nothing I can do and it was in a "too bad attitude". I just wanted to report it and felt that possibly you could warn people of how much you charge for the shipping if it is sent back and let them know they have to pay the return shipping also. I was willing to pay but I did not realize that you charged so much and that together with me paying again to ship it back it would be over half of what I paid for the scope and then have spent all that time and money with no scope that I could use. Anyway another manager contacted me and I appreciate how they were concerned with the matter. Thanks for your post.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›