5.0 out of 5 stars The most comforting music I've EVER heard in my ENTIRE life!, April 30, 2011
This review is from: Hidden In My Heart: A Lullaby Journey Through Scripture (Audio CD)
I can only hope these folks will put out more scripture put to music. Also may I say? THANK YOU Break Away Music, for making this available on Amazon!!!!! I know this isn't a review yet... but I felt I had to say that. Okay, now to review by song (mostly):

I Will Never Leave You. (#6 on the cd but #1 in my book): Where to begin?? I wept, well, more like sobbed, the first time I heard it and cried through 7 more hearings (approx.) as I listened to it on repeat. I can not remember EVER, so strongly responding to any song, in my life (and no, I wasn't going through any tragedy or emotional melt down at the time). It opens with a melody on piano that is simple but utterly captivating then as it adds violins... breathtaking!!! I've been listening to this cd for months now and this song still makes my heart race with joy. Buy this cd for this song alone and you'll agree it's worth it.

Be Still and Know: Opens with a sort of music box feel to it... the best music box you ever heard, and then a lovely woman's voice comes in softly, she sings it so tenderly you really 'feel' like that scripture came to life. You may find yourself frozen on the spot like they're speaking those words into your very soul. It is the favorite song of every one else I know who has heard this cd. It makes my friend's mom cry! So there, two songs so phenomenally beautiful they may just put you to 'worship-full' tears. I think you can actually hear this one on YouTube. [<<Am I allowed to say this in a review?? I'm only mentioning it because this doesn't yet have the 'listen to' feature.]

The Peace Of God: Just happens to be one of my top ten favorite scriptures so it goes without saying that I love this song too. I will add however, I am SO thankful it was included because whenever anyone in my home gets a case of 'the worries' I now feel confident hearing this regularly will aid them in the battle against this troublesome habit.

Love The Lord: Thrills my heart. It opens with soft piano music coupled with a very relaxing woman's voice and I must say she nails it. It is a thrilling song because it feels like it's building to a crescendo... it FEELS that way, it's not like the sound is building though. I love it because it happens to be another of my top ten favorite scriptures. The lyrics are repetitive, yes, but the words are profound, words so good for your heart I can't find words to describe them thar words!!

Love Is: Could be sung at any wedding and everyone there would be asking whomever sung it to teach them! Another song with piano and vocals coupled prettily.

Hidden In My Heart: Opens with acoustic guitar and a man singing soothingly. It's a song that would be wonderful to hear a daddy sing to his children at night. Loveliness.

Fly Like An Eagle: Isaiah 40:31... need I say anything more? Likely not... but I will! It doesn't stick to any biblical translation exactly (any that I've read), it captures the meaning sweetly though.

I left out a few songs for a couple of reasons but mostly because I figure I've said more than enough. I will say though that a couple of songs have a synthesized background music sound (not my 'thing') but the lyrics, of course, are awesome. You'll probably find like potato chips, you can't stop at just one (in this case purchase and not consumption... though I could describe this cd as yummy... urmm, maybe not).

In my opinion this music can't be contained by labeling it 'Lullabies' I'm sure anyone who's heard it fully agrees. I imagine some might call it 'girlie' type music... maybe, but I think even the manliest of men could be found sitting in the driveway a little longer because his 'wife's cd' just happened to be in the player...

It could be listened to as background music on date night with your husband, or while reading on a rainy day... or constantly, shamelessly all the do dah day.

It's that good.

I'll add, I've never written a review this long, however for this cd, it was an honor and pleasure to do so.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 12, 2011 5:27:38 AM PDT
amazonbuyer says:
Hello my chai tea friend! I love your review of the songs on this album. Based on your review I went to cbd to listen to the songs (Amazon no longer carries it). Wow! What a worshipful album. I was looking for a present for a friend and didn't know what to select. Thank you for solving my dilemma.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2011 11:26:27 PM PDT
Ha! That is SO cute. I'm honored. Plus, very excited for your friend!!! This is the gift that keeps on giving. Do you have the cd yourself? SO worth the money. They ship pretty fast (the people who make the cd sell it here @ Amazon, themselves) and if you have an Mp3 player, they have the Mp3's of this right here on Amazon if you type in the name of the cd it offers the Mp3 version. :c)

The rave reviews are dead on for this one.

PS I still plan to try your recipe, thanks again, it really sounds terrific. I just served the plain green chai last night to a new friend and she thought it was lovely. :c)

This was a surprise, discovering your cute comment here! :) :)

God bless and keep you.

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 11:56:19 AM PST
E. McDaniel says:
Thanks for the long post. I fully agree with everything you said, especially regarding "I will never leave you" sung by Ben Glover. That song is the most beautiful music I have ever heard. It was so touching and comforting to hear. I could listen over and over again. Looking forward to more music from Ben Glover. (The only other CD I could find for him is titled "26 Letters". It, too, is worth the purchase.)

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 12:05:58 AM PST
minnamoe says:
Thanks for the thorough review. Besides, your joyous excitement is truly convincing!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 10:08:07 AM PST
Well, I think you'll be glad to hear that they have put a part 2 out with more of Ben Glover on it! I know I was beside myself with glee. You can get a copy at their website. I hear great things about how wonderful they are when you call and order that way. The website is the same as the name of the cd: scripture lullabies and you just add a dot com. I've only begun listening to it but it's pretty splendid. Thanks for your comment and recommendation, I didn't even know the singers name until you commented here.

God bless and keep you. :c)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 10:09:57 AM PST
You're welcome, it really was my pleasure! Thanks for making me smile today.

May God bless you with His peace, love and grace. :c)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

5.0 out of 5 stars (352 customer reviews)

Reviewer