4.0 out of 5 stars So worth the wait! :D, August 27, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Last Story (Video Game)
Okay, what I have concluded thus far from playing Last Story since I've recieved it Monday August 20th:
PROS: fair gameplay on manual, good music, awesome graphics, normal interestingish plotline and characters, and you can customize colors of clothing etc whoo personalizing (I died when I got "invisible clothing")
CONS: could use work on camera, I wish that on "seek" mode, you could direct with the wii remote instead of arrow keys or nunchuk since this is afterall made only for the wii, and above all, this game was not made with the visually impaired since the font is minuscule: I either need a magnifying glass or a bigger tv (mines 42") since it takes a lot of squinting to figure some stuff out -__-

Overall, I'd give it a nine of ten as of now since the worst thing is the font, but since I'm not completely through I'm about 3/4ths done (I had to backtrack cuz a glitch, and enjoy doing sidequesting instead of immediately continuing on the main game quests) but so yeah. Definitely worth waiting for: I preordered and after 4 days of not shipping and no notice why, or even a notice just saying the release was delayed, I contacted Amazon, who upgraded me to free one-day shipping, so didn't get it until 6 days after the listed release date. I've had so much fun with it, and I've gotten used to how it could be better with gameplay, and I'm pretty good at seeing the tiny print, but sometimes it can still be a bit difficult :D Worth every penny though! 100% fun and entertaining!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 1, 2013 5:35:22 PM PST
Phil says:
I can't say that I had any issues with the text in this game. I usually turn off subtitles because they tend to be distracting, even on my 57" HD TV, but I feel like the text is plenty big on this game.

However, I wholeheartedly agree with your comments on the minor camera issues in combat (not game breaking, thankfully) and I have been sharing your sentiments on the "seek" mode controls from the get go. The targeting with the nun chuck joystick is so clunky that I rarely use the crossbow attacks. I am always tempted to use the remote to aim, which seems like it would be much more accurate and natural. I am amazed they didn't include this feature, being a Wii exclusive.

Overall, though, I am thoroughly enjoying this game. The graphics, music, story, world, combat, and voice acting are stellar.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 6:02:44 PM PST
I agree, after playing other games with bows, I thought the crossbow feature would be pointing with the remote. It would be much better. True, the game was originally released quite awhile ago in other countries, but since they went through the trouble of changing other aspects, it would have been nice to tweak the features a bit. As for text, the subtitles for speaking isn't what's bad, I feel it's more on the side menus, or when it's telling you about an upgrade at the top of a screen. The color of the font and the size make it hard to read depending where you are, my TV is a 42", but perhaps because I like to sit across the room ^^ I very much like the game though. If I play too too long though sometimes I feel like I am going cross eyed. I have to say though, the voice actors are fabulous, the characters themselves are awesome, and I love the narrator. He seems a bit unenthusiastic or something, but I don't know why. I just love the narrator. Glad I wasn't the only one feeling that way about the camera though!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (240 customer reviews)

$29.99