5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product! Here's how to get it to work:, December 23, 2008
First off, let me tell you - This is an amazing deal. I have 3 computers, and while this doesn't work with two of them (It gets a scratchy audio noise, I think it's a problem with NVidia chipsets), it works with the third one. The problem most people are having is that it doesn't "display video correctly". After installing it, it should be recognized as a Syntek STK1160. You'll need to change the video from PAL to NTSC (If you live in America or Japan). Go to Control Panel -> Scanners and Cameras -> and right click on "Syntek STK1160" and select "Video Decoder Property". Change it from "PAL_B" (Or whatever it is) to "NTSC_M" (for America) and "NTSC_M_J" for Japan. You'll know the right one when it says "Signal Detected: 1". Enjoy ^_^

It doesn't work right with VirtualDub, but you can use AMCap (Google it) to record your video, and VirtualDub to edit and produce it.

Enjoy your AMAZING deal :D

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 13 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 51 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 3, 2009 1:13:22 AM PST
this is EXACTLY the help i needed! thank u soooo much!!!

Posted on Mar 10, 2009 5:27:38 PM PDT
I agree this is Exactly what I needed. The video capture software that accompanied this device had no instructions about the settings I needed to configure to my video streaming setup. The instructions found here were an answer to my prayers and five hours of wasted time.

Posted on Jun 17, 2009 1:21:28 AM PDT
Mine works fine with VirtualDub. I use it to capture, deinterlace, sharpen, and render.

Posted on Jul 13, 2009 1:48:10 PM PDT
C. Pearson says:
wow, thanks so much. I was ready to jump up and down on this thing and now I'm thrilled. Perfect.

Posted on Jul 18, 2009 11:50:01 AM PDT
I've got 2 laptops w/Vista and it doesn't work in either one of them. Very dissapointed.

Posted on Jul 22, 2009 8:24:26 AM PDT
I actually purchased this item on the basis of this specific review. When I installed the device and AmCAP, sure enough I had the exact problem mentioned. Once I changed everything over the NTSC_M...the device did exactly what it needed to do at a great low price. Thanks, Zero...wouldn't have found this solution without you!

Posted on Jul 24, 2009 1:56:41 PM PDT
J. Martin says:
Mine shows up as "Syntek STK1150" instead of "Syntek STK1160." The instruction sheet that came with it says "Syntek STK1150" too. Have I been sent the wrong part?

Posted on Sep 1, 2009 6:05:59 AM PDT
Amiga says:
I purchased this in April. It worked for some time. Now in the camera mode I see the video fine from my old Sony Handy cam but when I go to Video Studio se that came with the device, the video wont show up. So I cant capture it.
Even when it worked, if I connected the two to one audio cable from the device to the camcorder it would not work and would work only if one audio channel was connected to the camcorder resulting in mono sound.

Any advice?

Posted on Sep 2, 2009 10:43:55 AM PDT
Hank says:
Wrong. NTSC_M was the first setting I put it on. Still doesn't work. Just get a black screen. Where is this "Signal Detected" category?

Posted on Oct 5, 2009 2:40:04 PM PDT
Katie G says:
Thank you. I've been trying to figure out what to set it on for days. Unfortunately it took me this long to google it.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›