5.0 out of 5 stars Independent light!!!!, March 26, 2012
This review is from: Mitaki-japan 2pc Wind-up Flashlight Set (Kitchen)
Okay..I'm weird, I admit it and I take some pride in my weirdness.

Much of the time I don't need any extra lighting. I have the TV on, the computer on, and that is sufficient for my needs. If I can avoid turning on a lamp or over had light by grabbing a flashlight to quick see what I need to see and then turn it off, I am content.

If I can grab a flashlight to move from room to room at night when TV and puter are off and I just need to head off to bed, or the bathroom I am happy to have saved the planet the use of all the electric lights being turned on and off.

But... I don't like all the batteries used and disposed of either, not for the burden on planet, or my budget.

Solution... hand crank Led flashlights.

My first one was a gift. I didn't think I'd use it.. but I did!!! Found myself going for days without having to turn on a single light... yeah.. .hey... said I was weird.

When that one wore out after a few years I ordered another, miserable for the few days it took for it to arrive. Couldn't believe how much I was turning on lights, leaving them on to go back... I was not happy.

When that one dropped for the umpteenth time and didn't survive the fall I ordered again, this time I ordered a twin pack... so that when the first one dies (I labeled them) I have a backup till the new one comes!!!

A minute or two of cranking gives long lasting light... how long? Don't really know.. the longer it goes it dims a bit.. but I fell asleep one night with the flashlight on and woke some six or seven hours later and the light was still on and bright enough to lead the way to the bathroom!!

Won't hesitate in the least to order these again. Great product, great price, prompt delivery. If you are looking for something for everyday use or for emergency use.... this would be a good choice... you'll never have to worry about batteries!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 12, 2013 2:50:31 PM PST
Sheila says:
These are meant to be used when the lights go out completely in the house and the TV also will not add light.Having one handy in each room will save distress especially at night when you try to turn on the light switch to go to the bathroom or get a snack. I bought two at Publix about five or six years ago. Still works and it is just as light today as it was then. I moved into a new house, more rooms, so I am going to buy one for each room, just in case the blackout catches me in any room of the house, including the Computer room or bathroom. They are cheap enough and seem to last forever.

Posted on Sep 12, 2014 4:18:53 PM PDT
Lu says:
I appreciate your weirdness ;) I'm going to order a twin pack! Thank you!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›