5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 60D + Magic Lantern, November 4, 2011
This review is from: SanDisk Extreme 16GB SDHC UHS-1 Flash Memory Card Speed Up To 45MB/s- SDSDX-016G-X46 (Label May Change) (Personal Computers)
The speed of this card may be overkill for standard shooting/filming. However, I use Magic Lantern on my 60D, which is a firmware modification that runs off of the SD card. I noticed that my Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card TS32GSDHC10E had a hard time keeping up with some of the functions of the additional software. I decided to give the faster card a try, and the functions (such as magic zoom and focus peaking) work much better now.

Of course, pulling pictures and video off the card is also quicker than with the Transcend. Although both cards are "Class 10," the SanDisk is 50% faster than the Transcend.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 8, 2011 9:51:44 AM PST
Daveid says:
Hey, do you mind if you could tell me the exact serial number that's on the card? Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2012 11:32:52 AM PST
Acontius says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2012 12:29:41 PM PST
Daveid says:
Not at all, I was just wondering why there were two product pages for literally the same exact SanDisk Extreme SD card. I proved this by buying one myself. Sure enough, it's actually a SDSDRX3-016G-A21. Oh well, works great for my purposes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2012 3:36:55 PM PST
Acontius says:
Oh. I thought the serial number was unique to a single card, not the model.
Are you using yours for video or photos?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2012 3:42:28 PM PST
Daveid says:
Both, but mainly was concerned about video. Just bought a Canon T2i and modded it with Magic Lantern and I'm able to record at a 1.4x CBR bit rate (apparently the max stable for this camera) with this card very easily. I'd say it's worth the money, but I kinda wished it was a tad bit cheaper. Oh well, you get what you pay for.

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 4:48:17 PM PST
J. Zink says:
Whats the highest rates you can record at? -16? or 3x?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012 9:41:45 PM PST
Daveid says:
The card can do both those rates, but it's unstable. I'm using CBR for now, but QScale (VBR) is stable for me at -12. When I say stable, I mean the camera doesn't stop recording when the buffer is full.

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 4:31:38 PM PST
A.Right says:
May be perfect but $11.95 to ship 2 cards that weigh less than an ounce? I Prefer to go for a card of same rating, no Known brand name but is shipped free. $11.95? Really, Amazon?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 3:31:35 AM PDT
AmazonMan says:
Whats is the exact difference between this and SanDisk Class 10 Ultra SD 32GB Memory Card (SDSDU-032G-A11) (Official link http://www.sandisk.in/products/dslr/ultra-sdhc-sdxc-uhs-i-card-30mbs/)
Kindly be as detailed as possible
Thanks in advance

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 3:41:22 AM PDT
Daveid says:
I wouldn't let the new picture for this item fool you, the card that I received is EXACTLY what you just linked to. Well, not 100% exact, since what you linked is 32 GBs.. but you get the picture. Maybe it's possible they updated this item, so if you used a device that took advantage of this new "UHS-I" technology you could reach 45 MB/s speeds, but I somewhat doubt it. Either way, I would try to go for the 32 GB myself since I have the 16 GB version of that card and it's phenomenal. Really, you don't need any faster unless you like copying files a minute quicker to your computer. The camera will not be able to utilize the speeds fully anyways, something I've learned with my T2i Magic Lantern DSLR.

TL;DR Go with the bigger card for the money, 32 GBs for less than $35 is a steal
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›