5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LIGHT FOR THE PRICE!!, June 14, 2009
This review is from: Rayovac Sportsman 240 Lumen 3D LED Lantern (SE3DLNACOM) (Tools & Home Improvement)
OK folks,

let me start off by saying that I am a flashlight afficionado. If you ask me about pistols, rifles, knives, or lights...you are now in my world, and I will talk your ears off.

Let me say that this is a great little lantern. I was walking around my local "Big Boys Covet Store" (Lowes) and saw this lantern on sale. I went over to check it out and inspect it, and then kept it on the back of my mind. When I got home, I went to one of my internet hang-outs (CandlePowerForum.com) and plugged in the lantern for some feedback, or reviews. Evidently it was very highly talked about. So I went back the next day (or was it IMMEDIATELY?) to purchase the little lantern. I gotta admit, I was not disappointed.

Since I have gotten the lantern, it is my new ruck sack companion. I will not leave to a mountain trek without it. And when I am not out in the bush, it stays on top of my reloading bench in case of an emergency blackout...or an earthquake. (I live in the San Freakcisco Bay Area).

The light is small (3.5" x 3.5" x 7.5"), but is plenty tough. It has a great rubber base, a rubber top section, and rubber side grips. Like the earlier folks stated, it has a HIGH, a LOW, and a STROBE function. As for the installation of the batteries...yea...I was scratching my head for a few seconds the first time. (No, not minutes - seconds). But after I looked at it for a second or two, it was pretty easy to see how it was supposed to go on, and I have not had a problem since then.

The little plastic hook on top is a total waste to me. Why? Because everthing else on this little beast is built so well, and then the did this?! (Added a flimsy little "Alfalfa Hair Piece" to the top of this exceptional little lantern). It has not broken on me yet - but then again, I will not take the chance of hanging the lantern from this flimsy little hook and provoking Mr Murphy to curse the lantern to fall and possibly break.

It is small and compact, but beefy and with heft.

Like I said, it's a great little lantern for the money.

You will not regret it.

In Christ: Raymond

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 8 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 15, 2009 1:48:09 PM PDT
Perry says:
Great review.
Would you happen to know what kind of LED are in this lantern or its lifespan rating?

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 5:19:21 AM PST
You should write a book on something - I like how you talk. I'll buy it if you do :0) Thanks for your GREAT review!
God Bless,
Linda <><

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 11:02:42 PM PST
DB62 says:
lol...E. Moreno Jr.

Sounds like we both have the same interests!
I have seen this lantern in use, and am getting 2 for myself now!
Great review! & thanks for your time!

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 10:20:32 AM PDT
Cj Hansel says:
Gosh.....and I thought I was the only one !!!!! I love candles, lanterns, flashlights, etc. ( Also, pocket knives ) My husband thinks I am nuts !!!!! I don't use most of them but I NEED to own them. I have small flashlight in all vehicles, guestrooms, basically all over the house. And, I want more.
Who would have thought ???? Maybe, we should stat a club.
By-the-way, I am a 65 year old FEMALE. A very girly- girl type.
I, also, love scissors and small tool sets and........

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:54:02 AM PST
I had been hit by hurricane sandy and think I've gained some sort of PTSD with the loss of electric and lighting. Any suggestion for some great emergency flashlights and lanterns for a power outage? Kitchen lighting. Bathroom. Bedroom? Those three areas. Thanks.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 6:45:39 PM PST
I too am ate up, flashllights, lately audio gear forever............got into watches also.........have too++++ many
I believe that people that admit they are suffering from sinful nature, or not kidding anyone.............you can believe them. Thanks for the review, I have an old home with a deck in the back would love to be able to light it up enough for the youngest son to have his friends over..........blessings, Jack Hrvatin

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 11:31:32 PM PST
A club, huh? You so fuunny, girl. Ha ha

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 11:31:57 PM PST
You are welcome.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 11:33:36 PM PST
For a house, I like this specific light. Keep a few "d" cell batteries on hand, and you should have no problem. Keep them on their LOW setting, use them for under 4 hours a night, and they will last you over a month on a set of batteries.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 11:34:07 PM PST
Kewl beans, jack.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (2,151 customer reviews)
 (1,603)