122 of 149 people found the following review helpful
, July 27, 2011
This review is from: Shadowflame (A Novel of the Shadow World) (Mass Market Paperback)
I really enjoyed reading "Queen of Shadows" and I pre-ordered this book on my Kindle with the anticipation that it was going to be a great sequel to the first. I was so so wrong. Warning: SPOILERS AHEAD.....
Here are my thoughts in bullet points:
- I don't like cheating in any manner in books. It doesn't entertain me. So when David cheated on Miranda, I was pretty pissed.
- I'm not sure how I feel about David's sexuality. To find out that he was bisexual and is still in love with Deven really threw me. How is this necessary to the plot??
- Why did Miranda take him back after he cheated on her and admitted that he'll always love another man? Seriously??
- Too many different plot lines. I think if the author wanted throw us a doozy, like David's bisexuality - she should've made Cora's, Kat's, and Deven's plotlines not take up too much storytime in the book.
- The flow of the story wasn't as seamless as the first. It was almost like the author was trying to put too much in the book to build up for the next one.
- David was a real strong hero in the first book. In this book, he was a simpering mess. Miranda seemed like part of the supporting cast. This seemed like David and Deven's book; and their unrequited love for each other.
In all, I think I pretty much skimmed through the rest of the book after David and Deven had sex. I would've been happier if the author completely skipped this aspect of David's personality from the story. Also, Miranda's acceptance of his infidelity was kind of upsetting. I really want her to break up with David. I think that would be the only reason I would even pick up her next book. I can say with all honesty that I am really disappointed in this one. I've completely lost interest in both characters.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?