5.0 out of 5 stars As advertized, March 24, 2011
I don't like leaving a 5 star review, as no item is perfect. That said, I gave this item 5 stars as it is exactly what it was advertised to be. When I opened the paracord (which was shipped quickly by the way) I could see the 7 strands inside. The paracord holds my weight, 240 lbs, with not problem - which is what I was looking for. You shouldn't use this to clime mountains, there is better rope for that. But, it makes for great looking and long lasting shoelaces, camping line etc. I bought it for my knife, but I have found myself using it for everything. I highly recommend keeping some in your emergency kit, your car and anywhere else you may find yourself needing it at some future point. This stuff doesn't rot, so it will be there when you need it. It may not be military grade (I can't say if it is or isn't myself), but I'm not going to be storming Iraq any time soon, so if it's not, that's okay by me.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 27, 2011 9:30:16 PM PDT
John T. Kooz says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2011 6:32:35 AM PDT
K. Ferriman says:
I'm glad you found my review helpful. Paracord is awesome stuff, and you don't have to be in the military to take advantage of it. And I agree, the reviews of those in the military talking about the stuff are normally not that helpful.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2011 6:37:27 PM PDT
Txcoon says:
John Kuczmarski - why don't you keep your opinions about military to yourself and only comment on the item. Unfortunately the soldiers you despise so much protect the freedoms of unappreciative people like you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2011 7:24:34 AM PDT
D. Hoelck says:
Hey "Mom" - I don't have any hate for the military, but I've got plenty of hate for ignorance, hypocrisy, and fascism. Exactly which freedoms is the military protecting right now? Was the Taliban planning on a full-scale invasion of America so they could implement Sharia law? Was Saddam Hussein putting together an army of secret police that were going to arrest us in the middle of the night for printing anti-government flyers? Is Al Qaeda coming to take away my guns?

If you want to appreciate soldiers more than other public servants, you're entitled to do so. But save your "the troops fight for our freedom" line. The people that fight for our freedoms are the ones that sue after being arrested for video-taping police. They're the activists that lobby against the PATRIOT act. They're opting out of TSA pat-downs and refusing to buy products that are made in China.

The US military serves the economic interests of a handful of corporations, and passes the cost on to every tax-paying citizen of this country. Starry-eyed 18-year-olds that enlist so they can serve their country are good kids with noble ambitions, but they're just pawns of the profiteering defense contractors and the politicians that use fear to drive up approval ratings.

It's a tragedy to see actual patriots being thrown in front of IEDs to increase share prices for General Dynamics and secure re-elections for incompetent public officials; but it's even sadder that people like you are gullible enough to believe that these kids are actually dying to protect our freedoms. They make the ultimate sacrifice so that Robert Stevens, CEO of Lockheed Martin, can take home $20,000,000 a year.

Any individual politician in Washington is more dangerous to our freedom than all the armies and insurgent groups of North Korea, Iraq, and Afghanistan combined.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2011 1:37:07 PM PDT
W. DeFord says:
A former Marine here that supports the post I am responding to as being exactly the way it actually is.. I joined up not quite 42 years ago at the age of 17 so part of what was posted is slightly different... I wish very much that many many others would feel as D.Hoelck does.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2011 4:14:01 AM PDT
ScottyJames says:

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2011 5:24:52 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 29, 2014 12:16:42 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2011 6:40:59 AM PDT
K. Ferriman says:
What does ANY of this have to do with the paracord? This is Amazon, an on line store, not a forum to attack political beliefs. Please, if you have something to say about my review or about the paracord, speak up. Otherwise, find an appropriate website for these types of discussions.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2011 7:12:49 AM PDT
D. Hoelck says:
The paracord is great. Very strong for its thickness. The only problem I've had is tangling - I ended up sticking it in an empty plastic container with a little X cut into the lid so I could keep it spooled up, but once it's out it can easily turn into a tangled mess.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2011 7:15:51 AM PDT