Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these pants, July 25, 2012
This review is from: Haggar Men's Cool 18 Hidden Expandable-Waist Pleat-Front Pant (Apparel)
I'm a big guy, 42/44 waist. It's difficult to find a pair of pants that give me room to move around without feeling like I'm going to split my seat if I squat down to tie my shoelaces. Several years ago, the trend seemed to be moving towards "relaxed" fit, and it was nice... plenty of room in the seat and thighs, but not so much as to make it look like a clown suit. Now, with all the straight-leg and skinny-fit pants, I was ready to switch to wearing a kilt but I could never figure out what I was supposed to wear underneath.

I digress. These pants fit me great. Not only is the fit great, but I really like the fabric - they are indeed "cool" pants. Given my bulk, one would assume that I would be a big fan of adjustable waistbands. To be honest, I really don't care for them... they can be bulky and more often than not I find that they encourage my pants to fall down (even with a belt!). These slacks do have an adjustable waistband, but it's not as bad as other pants that I've owned. In my perfect world, they would make a version of these exact pants with a fixed (?) waistband, but they don't and the positives of these pants far outweigh the not-so-bad-but-still-adjustable waistband.

I've had one pair of these pants for several months and it has held up well in the wash and so far hasn't needed ironing. I would say that these pants very appropriate for a business-casual work environment (w/ shirt & tie, or button down, or polo shirt). I don't know if I'd wear them out to the bar on a Friday night the same way I would a pair of 100% cotton khakis, but that's just me.

Anyway, if you're on the stout side and you're looking for some versatile, comfortable, and affordable pants, I suggest you consider Haggar Cool 18.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 2, 2014 8:00:10 AM PDT
Thanks for your input on these pants! I am in the same boat as you with the sizing and what not. Your feedback helped me make the decision to give them a try!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2014 8:28:36 AM PDT
Dave Wohl says:
Hope they work for you! I've ordered a few more pairs of these pants and they've been working well for me.

Posted on Dec 4, 2014 1:42:03 PM PST
Rob V says:
Regarding the Haggar Expandable Waist (no pleat) I am trying to determine how far the expansion goes, if I normally wear size 44 will a size 42 Expandable work? I don't want them to have the baggy leg syndrome.
R. P. V

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2014 1:45:00 PM PST
I would have to say yes, BUT there would be one problem. My experience with this situation is the tighter it becomes, the more the pockets bulge out. To me it just screams, "Look at me!!" Thankfully the insides of the pockets is black too so it doesn't make it as obvious. Just my two cents!

Posted on May 16, 2015 3:45:45 AM PDT
Shaun Zhao says:
These pants are great, they work in any business or social setting. I bought it together with this Leather Business Card Holder that matches really well. Together it looks very professional!

Posted on Aug 11, 2015 7:15:51 PM PDT
Puppluv says:
Great review with DETAILS!! My husband is not a big guy but has all the hatred for the slim fit skinny fit modern fit garbage dress pants available these days. Only my teenage nephew could wear those comfortably...for one year. I don't see tall and lanky men everywhere I go so I am not sure who can wear them. Then add the complete implosion of everything formerly great about dockers and the stress surrounding new work pants is very high! Everything you wrote is what I am looking for, and I am less stressed about trying these. Yay, I don't know if they will be the one, but my 4 month search will finally result in one pair of pants for him to try. Thanks for the help.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›