Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

An Amazon.com official commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Crippled by content sync issues, January 26, 2012
This review is from: Comics (App)
I really want to like this app. The books look great on the Kindle Fire screen and the actual process of reading them works very well.

The biggest problem is not all of the content available on their web site is on the Fire. It's actually gotten worse since launch. Out of 51 new titles released yesterday, only 32 of them appear on the Fire. What's worse is that some books that have been out for months still do not appear on the Fire either.

The same thing happens with DC books that go on sale. The web site will reflect $1.99 however the Fire app still charges $2.99. I tried buying the book directly through the site but it took days before my Fire reflected the purchase. Since there's no explicit "refresh" button on the Fire app, I can't even attempt to explicitly synchronize my account with the server. I'm just stuck helplessly hoping it will resolve itself.

A lesser issue than the content sync problems is the UI itself. Most sections have "See All" text above them. It takes anywhere from 5 to 30 taps before it registers that I pressed the button. There are also some minor annoyances when navigating around my comics that I'd be able to dismiss if not for the broken update mechanism.

They may get these issues resolved eventually, but like I said it's gotten worse in the two months since the Fire launch. If you haven't invested in comics through Comixology yet, I'd hold off if your primary means to read it is the Fire. It's just not reliable enough to sink money into.

stem
An Amazon.com official commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jun 28, 2013 10:01:36 AM PDT
Dear Amazon customer, DC Comics are now available and can be purchased from within the Comics app.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 27, 2012 9:45:49 PM PST
Max More says:
I have been unable to get comics purchased on the Comixology website to appear on my Kindle Fire. This is very irritating, especially since quite a few comics appear for purchase on the website but NOT on the Kindle. You mention that it's very difficult to get "See All" to work by clicking on it. YES! My experience exactly. Extremely frustrating. I tap on it over and over gain, trying different speeds and periods of pressing. Occasionally it works on the second or third try, but often takes numerous attempts or NEVER works. This badly needs to be fixed. I'm on the verge of abandoning what it otherwise a great app.

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 4:36:53 PM PST
B. LaCount says:
I was having the same problem but found a solution. Open the app and click on "featured" in the top right corner next to "my comics". A drop down will appear and at the bottom click "Purchases". If you're signed in, it will show all your account purchases and give you the option to download or read any of them.

I will say that this app needs work. I agree with everything the OP said, but at least there is a solution to one of the problems. Always check the website before buying, because your purchase might be on sale (but not on the kindle). You wouldn't want to pay more than you have to!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2012 7:59:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 11, 2012 8:00:19 PM PST
Max More says:
Yes, I eventually found the same solution. But it shouldn't be so hard to find! It was very frustrating in the meantime. I never found the answer on Comixology's site. It was thanks to Amazon reviewers.

Another remaining complaint I have with an otherwise excellent app is that quite a few new comics appear on the Comixology site but not on the Kindle. That's not so bad now that the other problem is solved. Finally, the often-unresponsive "See All" button still doesn't work well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 4:46:10 PM PDT
Thanks, I bought the DC Earth 2 on their website and then couldn't see in on "My Comics" tab. Thanks for the information about the Freatured tab and purchases. I am now reading Earth 2 on my Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 6:53:29 PM PDT
K. Blocker says:
THANK YOU!!!! Was having the same issue... that was about to drive me crazy!

An Amazon.com official commented on this review   (What's this?)
Posted on Jun 28, 2013 10:01:36 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2013 8:00:43 AM PDT
Da Jester says:
Thank you so much for this info. The Flashpoint series is on sale now and none of the issues were discounted on the fire app. I was about to be worried.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›