2.0 out of 5 stars Long time Logitech fan incredibly disappointed., October 26, 2009
This review is from: Logitech Cordless TrackMan Wheel (Personal Computers)
I've always been a Logitech fanboy since using the first Logitech product some time in the early 90's. Now, everything I can get (trackballs, keyboards, gaming pads, remote controls) if Logitech makes one, that's the one I'm buying.

Which brings us to the wireless trackball. I haven't been able to use a normal mouse for years since getting hooked on my first trackball. When I saw they had created a wireless version, I was stoked.

But then I used it...

My PC is hooked to my big screen HD, so I sit approximately 10-15 feet away from the PC. This was entirely too far for the receiver to even detect the trackball. So I put the receiver on an extended USB cord and moved it to within 5 feet of me. Still no dice. Finally, I set the receiver right next to me to get a signal. For this much trouble, I could have just gone with a corded trackball.

But then it gets worse. The response time/accuracy was absolutely NOTHING like what I had come to expect from a trackball. Even sitting right next to the receiver, the choppy, unreliable results made it utterly useless for any kind of video/graphic editing, or gaming.

Unfortunately, before trying this out, I had purchased two. One for my home PC, and one for my laptop. Both now sit in a drawer among my other useless gadgets.

-Javin

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 8, 2009 9:07:41 AM PST
Vienna says:
Thanks for your review, as this is exactly what I was looking into this mouse for!! Games on the TV!

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 8:09:34 AM PDT
Javin007 says:
They did finally end up redeeming themselves with the "Logitech M570 Trackball". This uses bluetooth technology (I believe) with a USB dongle that you plug in. It works VERY well, even for gaming. This is what the original wireless trackball SHOULD have been!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (548 customer reviews)

$239.99