2.0 out of 5 stars Whiplash while reading!!, October 3, 2012
This review is from: Reflected in You (Crossfire, Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I may be the minority here, but I did not like this books as I had hoped to. I felt as though I had whiplash while reading it;hot-cold, up-down, on-off, passive-aggressive, etc. I wanted soo much more from this book but I did not get it. Gideon and Eva are exhausting! You want soo much for them and their relationship to evolve in a positive manner. Their relationship, in my opinion, is delvalued a bit in this book with a huge emphasis on the sex. It almost made it seem like that was all they had and their wasn't much more to it. There was soo much more to their relationship and it was profound, but it wasn't always portayed that way. Gideon continues to control and dominate. He expects Eva to share soo much, yet doesn't share himself emotionally and when it comes to his past. Eva is soo weak in this book and dependent upon Gideon until the end. She is also childish and immature in many ways and lashes out with another man; an old flame. I did not like that at all. Gideon has his issues but when you realize what he has done for her and sacrificed, you think Eva is not deserving of him. Yes, that's what I said. There is no trust until the end. Gideon's past is still unknown. A bit is revealed at the end. There are still soo many unanswered questions. The ending was not strong, especially after all they had been through and left me feeling bereft. I don't know how the author is going to address Gideon's past, answer all the unanswered questions and then bring our couple towards a happy ending (marriage, babies, etc.) in the last book.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 4, 2012 1:12:29 AM PDT
khandikane says:
I couldn't agree more! It was far to up and down! and not in a good way!

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 6:18:19 AM PDT
Baascha says:
Exactly my thoughts! And why leave issues unanswered? Eva catches Gideon's office all messed up and he's in the shower. She confronts him and he never answers throughtout the book? Are we supposed to wait until book 3? And I won't even go into my feelings about the ending!! Eva finally grew a pair in the end - hope she keeps them.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 6:20:04 AM PDT
Ditto. I'm borderline to hating this book. I'm only 30% through and can't finish it. The thing that disturbs me the most is Eva clinging to Gideon even though he attacks her in her sleep. And the only relationship they have is a sexual one, regardless of how often Gideon tells her he loves her. I'm just creeped out by the story. Why are women liking this book so much???

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 9:59:24 AM PDT
Jana Aston says:
If you're only 30% done Gideon's never told Eva he loves her.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 10:02:08 AM PDT
Jana Aston says:
Issues unanswered- there's still a third book! Personally I'm guessing the messed up office/shower - I think the "lipstick" on his cuff was blood not lipstick cause Nathan came to see him & he punched him in his stupid face.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 11:30:18 AM PDT
Saunders says:
ha ha :) maybe so!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 1:55:28 PM PDT
piercka1 says:
I think you are so right about the blood on the shirt, and it explains his attitude at that moment too

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 12:41:27 AM PDT
Jessdb922 says:
I couldn't agree more!! I powered through the book, even though I was bored...All the ups and downs were so annoying, but I kept telling myself that it would get better. The end was ok, but still a lot of unanswered questions.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 1:19:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2012 1:27:20 PM PDT
Luipk says:
That thought crossed my mind!! the mess-up office/shower thing! after all Eva does admit that the lipstick smear kind of looked like a blood smear -- and his attitude now makes more sense -- since he did not want Eva to know, and the fact that he was in a hurry for an appointment, that could have been with her stepfather. But what was Corinne doing at the Crossfire at that same time. Do you think that maybe Corinne and Nathan knew each other!

I am hopping that all those issues are answered in the third book, because as Jessdb922 says...I was bored too as I powered through the book - I was so excited about finally reading the continuation that I came out of it with 'whiplash'.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 1:32:10 AM PDT
Mish82 says:
I just need to say this, this book is so much life really life, I listen to my girl friends all the time and this stuff happens all the time. Not the killing for love but all the rest. People are up and down we want more then what we are willing to give, we play each other, most of the time we cant say how we feel so we act out, most of us now connect with sex first then have a relationship. I think Day did a good job of showing that even when things look and feel like its all sex and things are falling apart hold on and work on it. And from time to time you have to let something go in order to keep it. I think Day dose a great job of getting into the human mind. From someone that study Psychology and Sociology I think Day hits a lot of things we face today in our relationships and are blind too.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (5,250 customer reviews)
 (3,979)