2.0 out of 5 stars Whiplash while reading!!, October 3, 2012
This review is from: Reflected in You (Crossfire, Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I may be the minority here, but I did not like this books as I had hoped to. I felt as though I had whiplash while reading it;hot-cold, up-down, on-off, passive-aggressive, etc. I wanted soo much more from this book but I did not get it. Gideon and Eva are exhausting! You want soo much for them and their relationship to evolve in a positive manner. Their relationship, in my opinion, is delvalued a bit in this book with a huge emphasis on the sex. It almost made it seem like that was all they had and their wasn't much more to it. There was soo much more to their relationship and it was profound, but it wasn't always portayed that way. Gideon continues to control and dominate. He expects Eva to share soo much, yet doesn't share himself emotionally and when it comes to his past. Eva is soo weak in this book and dependent upon Gideon until the end. She is also childish and immature in many ways and lashes out with another man; an old flame. I did not like that at all. Gideon has his issues but when you realize what he has done for her and sacrificed, you think Eva is not deserving of him. Yes, that's what I said. There is no trust until the end. Gideon's past is still unknown. A bit is revealed at the end. There are still soo many unanswered questions. The ending was not strong, especially after all they had been through and left me feeling bereft. I don't know how the author is going to address Gideon's past, answer all the unanswered questions and then bring our couple towards a happy ending (marriage, babies, etc.) in the last book.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 21-30 of 30 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 12:51:59 AM PDT
Dear Jen: Have you ever dated a multi-millonaire? I have and boy are they tough characters. Women also throw themselves at them in FRONT OF YOU! Eva's not weak at all. She is very strong, believe me.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 3:04:39 AM PDT
Charms says:
The ones that don't agree with us on the ups and downs lol Well of course relationships aren't easy. I've been in many relationships myself and know that for a fact. However I don't know how anybody would put up with a guy like Gideon. A guy that never says I love you back. A guy that continuously pops up sometimes with his ex-fiance or whatever Corinne is. And even worse doesn't even give an explanation. Just expect you to stand by and have faith in him anyway. Like that scene at crossfire when eva catches Corinne walking out the building with her hair messed up & wiping her mouth. And then go up to gideon's office and he's getting out the shower, his couch is messed up & lip stick marks on his cuff. And he just acts like you should trust him anyways? Pleassssse lol A guy that expects you to open up and share everything with him but doesn't do the same in return. Relationships are give and take and compromise. With eva & gideon seemed like she was opening up herself more than him. And him putting her on ice like "wait for me angel". Thats basically stay committed to me while i treat you like crap. Then again this is just a book. Any guy doing all the crap gideon put her through would be kicked to the curb if this was real life. Only thing going for this guy is he's really good at sex. He can sure get down in the bedroom. But other than that...he's just blah to me. But it makes for an interesting read. And thats what books are supposed to be about. To interest & entertain you. So sylvia day did a good job on that. Majority of this story I felt sorry for Eva.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 1:08:06 PM PDT
Rachel says:
I totally agree!!!

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 12:48:18 PM PDT
I totally agree...the details of his past revealed no connection to his personality...where is the link. I think this book is a Fifty Shades of Grey bootleg. I'm still lost...the story seemed very rushed to the end. There was no ah-ha moment at all.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:12:56 PM PST
Sashphia says:
I totally agree!! It was almost anxiety inducing to read and I was getting really annoyed with Eva's character. She was getting more and more annoying with her negativity towards Gideon. I'm really looking forward to the 3rd book; I just hope it isn't as much of a rollercoaster ride in a bad way.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:34:02 PM PST
rubyg says:
How can you confuse lipstick with blood? I hope that is not where this book is heading. I'd rather the whole Nathan drama be over with.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 11:59:46 AM PST
Wow you wrote my thoughts exactly! I was so disappointed with this book, I was keep thinking... "oh she will explain everything at the end, it'll get better and splash!! The end came and I had more questions then answers. Really hope she comes back to the original story and show how Eva and Gideon's relationship grown because if the pattern she put in this book it will be better for them to be apart . Sad to say, I feel like she rush to finish this book.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 11:55:16 AM PST
LOVEROFMUSIC says:
Good one!

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 12:34:11 PM PST
JEMP says:
Thank you, AMAC. I think you would love the "50 Shades of Gray" trilogy. My prediction there: all three books hit the trash before lift off.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2013 8:10:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2013 8:24:52 PM PDT
teop.peace says:
I hadn't thought about the lipstick actually being blood. Interesting point. I do agree that the furniture was probably messed up because Nathan was there and he and Gideon had a scuffle.

For those who think Eva and Gideon's relationship is unrealistic, keep in mind that both have serious issues. to me Eva is very strong considering her history. Trust is hard for "normal" people, not to mentioned an abused person. And if you have a sexually intense relationship, you have added more dynamite to the fireworks. The ups and downs are understandable in light of their pasts and insecurities. Don't forget Gideon is rich and handsome and used to getting his way with no resistance. I think that's why he is willing to pursue Eva beyond his original goal of strangers with benefits. She was a challenge and didn't just fall at his feet, despite how attracted she was to him.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (5,250 customer reviews)
 (3,979)