5.0 out of 5 stars Really good., April 16, 2011
This review is from: Taste Nirvana Real Coconut Water With Pulp, 16.2-Ounce (Pack of 12) (Grocery)
This coconut water is much better than the Brazilian sourced coconut waters such as Zico. The Thai sourced coconut water is sweeter and and the flavor is more interesting, but there is no added sugar like you find in a lot of coconut "juices". I really enjoy the pulp bits, gives you a little coconut to chew on, just like a fresh coconut would. I could see how some people wouldn't like this though, so if unsure you may want to get the pulp-free water. The prices are great on Amazon if you get a subscription, as the 9.5 ounce bottles are $2 pretty much everywhere in NYC, so for the same price you get a lot more in these cans. Only down side is that they are so good that you go through them really fast, we can't keep them around more than 3 days before they are all gone! At least it's better than a diet coke addiction.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 2, 2011 1:08:12 AM PDT
L. Cheng says:
How does this compare to amy&brian's and vita coco which are both sourced from thailand?

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2011 6:18:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2011 6:22:09 AM PDT
M. Orozco says:
I have not persoanlly tried the Amy & Brian's product you are talking about but Taste Nirvana is by far my favorite after trying Zico, Naked Juice, & ONE. Granted, coconuts are all going to have a different taste, but this one is consistently sweet, and even better than some fresh coco water I have had in the Philippines.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2011 2:53:38 PM PDT
Me says:
VitaCoco is not sourced from Thailand. VitaCoco, like O.N.E. and Zico, are products of Brazil. What's more the quality of all three brands has declined in recent years by most reports. That and Vita's hilarious spamming up of forum posts/review posts with the constant mentioning of how people just love the flavors it comes in. Heh, coconut water is delicious but kind of subtle, and adding distinct fruity flavors into it is something that's fine if you do it yourself at home but it's not going to do the coconut water itself any favors.

Amy and Brian's is Thai, and is pretty good. I've only ordered it once, but am confident I got good fresh product. C2o is the best imho but it's expensive right now, if it's even in stock here. This Taste Nirvana stuff's pretty good. I would say I like it more than Amy & Brian's but perhaps not quite as much as c20 (the pulpless kinds, I've not tried any of the versions with pulp added). All of the Thai-sourced coconut waters are simply a cut above the Brazilian ones. All of them.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2011 5:53:20 PM PDT
L. Cheng says:
vita coco switched from brazil to thailand coconuts since the end of 2010. People report it being sweeter and better than the old.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2011 6:07:25 PM PDT
Me says:
news to me. I had read that one of the big three had changed to Phillipines for some sources. I've bought a Vita 12 pack two months ago from Amazon and have two of the larger Vita packs sitting in my cabinet. both say product of Brazil.

Posted on May 16, 2011 7:25:48 PM PDT
Before I found a steady source of Taste Nirvana Real Coconut Water, I purchased a can or two of several other brands. The Brazilian sourced coconut waters all had one thing in common. They all tasted like "raw sweet potatoes" or "raw yams". The taste was really unpleasant. I wish I had an unlimited supply of money. I would buy Taste Nirvana by the truckload. Since I will never have an unlimited supply of money, I buy a couple bottles at the Hy-Vee Market in my town and savor every ounce.

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 7:40:16 PM PST
From all the reviews I have read this seems to be the best packaged coconut water. I am considering buying some to use as a liquid base in my smoothies, since I use a personal blender one can should make two smoothies. Do they expire fast? Also is there a lot of pulp? I do enjoy pulp!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2011 2:54:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2011 2:58:08 PM PST
Thank you to Me and everyone else who posted in response to L. Cheng's question. I have spent hours trying to decide which brand to choose as my first 'bottled' coconut water source. Your posts have saved me hours more of research plus I'll get my Taste Nirvana Real Coconut Water With Pulp on Friday. As a Veteran myself, Happy Veterans' Day to anyone who may also be a Veteran! Thanks again for all of the helpful info!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2011 5:51:59 PM PST
L. Cheng says:
I've tried them all by now and i will say that the thai sourced coconuts are the best. However, vita coco(which you can buy at costco for cheap) always gives a sour after taste that i cannot stand. The best brands of coconut water are Taste Nirvana, blue monkey, Maui&Sons, and Amy&Brians in that order.

The problem for me is that now i'm addicted to good coconut water and need to drink it everyday which has been costly! Personally, i buy nirvana(w/pulp) and blue monkey from amazon and buy the other 2 brands at the health food market only when i run out of the ones from amazon and need something quick. hope that helps!

God bless America!

God bless our Troops and Veterans!

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 11:02:37 AM PST
Being of South American ( English Speaking) origin, and a connoisseur of real coconut water, please allow me to voice my honest opinion. Before the advent of the TetraPak from Brazil, All coconut water from the Phillipines, Thailand and the Caribbean were utter garbage. They all had additives such as sugar and preservatives which destroyed the taste and for those of you who persisted in drinking it, well you acquired a taste which was really not true coconut water. The only real coconut water were the ones imported from Jamaica that were frozen and those only had a shelf life in tghe refrigerator of 5 days. That was the best you can get that was the real thing.

Now, Thanks to sanitized Tetra Paks, we can get real coconut water without the additives. Coconut water comes in all varieties from very green/young to more matured yet water nuts. The younger the nuts, the less sweet is the water(juice) If the nuts are harvested at the perfect time, there is a thin layer of jelly less than 1 -2 Cm in thickness and the water is more tastier (Sweet). Because there is no science to know when the nuts reach the pinnacle of ripeness and because on a truss there may be 18 or so coconuts, some may be more ripe than others but by mixing all the water from several bunches, you get a variety taste. So if we are getting real coconut water, the taste will vary slightly with time of year, amount of ripeness/maturity, soil type etc.etc. over time. So guys, please be educated that there will always be a variant in taste once you are dealing with honest to goodness pure water coconut. The good news is that Coconut water, coconut milk and Coconut oil are extremely nutritional and provides more to keep us fit and healthy than any other single fruit I can think of. As West Indians say ' Coconut water good for your daughter'. So guys, listen up, if you are on any medication for HBP, coconut water will replenish your potassium over any synthetic potassium or any other sports drink.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›