64 of 80 people found the following review helpful
Not great but not bad either,
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix XP60 16.4MP Digital Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD (Yellow) (OLD MODEL) (Electronics)
- I went diving in Florida up to 20 feet underwater and it did stayed dry thanks to the awesome dial that you have to turn to close the door tightly.
- Good underwater photos
- 9 out of 10 high def videos played back fine on my pc.
- The floating strap
- I was not afraid to bring it with me to the beach in sand and saltwater.
- Amazing 5X optical zoom in a little camera, although when I was underwater, taking shots at 5X zoom was very difficult to get the subject in the screen so I mostly shot zoomed out. The Amazing 5X optical zoom was better used for when I was standing on the beach and shooting.
- Video is saved in Quicktime .MOV format so when I tried to stream it from my pc with TVersity software to my Microsoft XBOX, it would not play.
- When I played the video on my pc, one of the 10 videos played back in slow motion even though I did not do that.
- Kind of weird that both photos and movies are saved in the photo folder on the memory card instead of separate folders (photo and video) like my SONY and PANASONIC cameras.
I would prefer the videos in AVCHD format like my SONY and PANSONIC cameras. In the meantime, to stream from my pc using TVersity software, I'll have to convert Quicktime to AVCHD format using Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD.
6/25 update: I installed a different codec for TVersity and now the Quicktime format plays (but it looks horrible like the days of standard analog tv) but my other zillion movies in AVCHD format stopped working. I guess I have to keep searching for a codec that plays all formats.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 13, 2013 11:59:00 PM PDT
J. Donaldson says:
To each his own. I really wish my Sony camera would just save the videos with the photos and not in separate folders.
Posted on Nov 27, 2013 6:13:31 AM PST
ealine arvidson says:
Posted on Jan 13, 2014 9:05:23 AM PST
Z. Yu says:
Such a pain. The entire world has been calling for a unification of codecs.
Posted on Jan 24, 2014 9:00:17 AM PST
Ron Morgan says:
Maybe you should buy a Mac, it would solve all our problems!
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2015 10:27:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 9, 2015 10:29:05 PM PDT
Amazon Customer says:
Actually, my mac did not know how to play a video from the Fuji camera, even with VLC installed. I recently used a Fuji Xp70 then I put the SD card into my MacBook Pro Retina and it did not know how to play the video file. When I got home from vacation, I put the SD card into my windows 7 and 8 pc and the video played.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›