5.0 out of 5 stars I have a review. I have part of a review. 12%, July 30, 2014
This review is from: Guardians of the Galaxy (Audio CD)
The James Gunn directed space opera movie based on the most unlikely group of rag-tag anti-heroes also has the most unlikely of soundtracks. From david bowie to the jackson five to blue swede, there's a lot to love about this soundtrack. It even includes the score by Tyler Bates.

The sound quality of the classic music is crisp and clear, and this soundtrack is just plain fun to listen to. The score itself is gorgeous. Easily the best score in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

It's the most real, authentic, eclectic soundtrack I have heard in my entire life.

Oh yeah!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 2, 2014 8:57:20 AM PDT
Alva says:
Important question!
Does the 2CD set have the cover art for the Awesome Mix CD at all? I loved all the music but I really like that cover art.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2014 9:58:23 AM PDT
From what I received, no.

The only negative thing I can say about this CD. I've been constantly listening to it, before the movie, after, and even right now, It's really that good.

Posted on Aug 2, 2014 3:02:24 PM PDT
Fesoferbex says:
Well that was better than 11% of a review.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2014 3:59:49 PM PDT
I am Groot!

Posted on Aug 3, 2014 4:00:06 PM PDT
I am Groot.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2014 4:26:39 AM PDT
Dogsport says:
Thank you! Christine is the only one of you that has a clue.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2014 4:52:54 PM PDT
Larry Davis says:
It's like a great remastered K-Tel collection of 70s pop but with an eclectic twist...I put this on my iPod and the cassette cover comes up in iTunes...I wonder if there will be future mixes/soundtracks for the sequels...the score is nice too...I don't really BUY scores much...they're good for one listen usually...but this one sounds nice...just hope dialogue is included...one last tidbit...one song that would have fit nicely here and in the movie is "Dream Weaver" by Gary Wright...and it's cool that a new generation is being exposed to these artists, espesh powerpop masters the Raspberries, it has full-length versions, not single edits, like of 10cc's spacey "I'm Not In Love"...and never before has "Cherry Bomb" by the Runaways sounded so kickbutt...and in that key scene in the flick too!! Tons of fun, this thing!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2014 9:05:45 PM PDT
My most listened to song is "come and get your love"

having seen the movie a few times I think it's a bit of a missed opportunity to not have kenny loggins "footloose" playing during the credits

but hey, it's a mistake they can easily correct for guardians of the galaxy 2.

also I might be young but I knew most of these songs beforehand. My mom and dad brought me up on the classics, david bowie, the beach boys, queen, elvis, roy orbison, chuck berry, the beatles, elton john, and just about everything on the oldies stations. I was never forced to like this music, I liked it because it's really good music.

I do hope that GoTG2 has a bit of queen and elton john in it, my favorite band and my favorite singer/songwriter {outside of freddie of course}

Posted on Jan 7, 2015 12:39:32 PM PST
ShyGuy says:
Is everyone, in fact, receiving the Deluxe Edition? There's no indication on the page, other than the picture, that this is what's being shipped. Thanks!

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 10:43:57 PM PDT
There is an interesting piece of music used on the blooper reel that I don't remember in the film. Do you know by chance if that is included with Tyler Bates scores on this set? Thanks!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›