5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hesitate - definitely a keeper!, April 1, 2010
This review is from: mStand Laptop Stand (Personal Computers)
I saw many of the reviews who had used this with a 15" laptop, and wondered how well it would work with my 17" MBP. I don't know anyone that owns one, so I was a little uncertain. No worries - it works PERFECTLY! See the image I loaded that shows it in use, along with a 22" Gateway monitor, and a 24" HP monitor that complete my workstation.

The design leaves room underneath the unit, which is great for extra storage, or sliding a keyboard under (although it's not quite high enough if you tried to type under it). Solid construction that should last, quite simply, forever. The unit positions the laptop's screen to a height that works perfectly with my other external monitors.

Interestingly enough, the packaging it came in even reminded me of how Apple would have packaged it. It's a wonderful product that fills an obvious need, and is one of those "why didn't I think of that" items. Simple design, beautiful, and very functional.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 4, 2010 12:37:49 PM PDT
Kris Maier says:
What did you use to get the other two monitors hooked up? Just bought a macbook pro and am going to get this stand but would like to hook my two monitors. thanks for any help!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2010 2:50:13 PM PDT
Steve W. says:
Google Other World Computing (OWC), and look on their site for "OWC USB to VGA.... Display adapter". If you can't find it, just call them. Works great!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2010 7:26:45 AM PDT
Kris Maier says:
nice! i have an i7 doesn't look like it is full proof for it..

Note:1. There is a possible incompatibility issue with i5 and i7 iMac models and we are awaiting DisplayLink's pending driver update to further test for proper operation with those models.

Thanks for the info might give it a shot just to see!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2011 7:38:46 AM PDT
I have three monitors hooked up to my MacBook Pro 15". I use the DVI cable and two DisplayLink USB adapters. They work great.

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 9:07:20 AM PST
Av says:
Do you need a mac?

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 8:01:26 PM PST
Chris says:
I am so mad that they took this off of Amazon Prime 3 days ago

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 11:55:27 AM PDT
Uncle Sam says:
Hi I took a look at the photo thanks for posting it. I'm really interested in being able to type with my external keyboard underneath the stand, is there enough clearance to do so? What if I push the external keyboard under the highest point of the stand? I can touch type so I don't need to be able to see my fingers. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 9:40:59 AM PST
Glenn says:
How big is the back access hole for cords?

Posted on Jan 2, 2015 11:38:24 AM PST
Alan Youngs says:
Thanks for the photo! It looks great, just the right review to convince me on to buy this

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2015 2:39:18 PM PST
Steve W. says:
Glad it helped. That was 4 years ago and I'm still using it today.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.8 out of 5 stars (1,514 customer reviews)
 (1,275)