5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, September 24, 2011
This review is from: Heat Rises (Nikki Heat) (Hardcover)
While I very much enjoyed the first two books in the brilliantly clever Castle tie-in series of Nikki Heat novels by the fictional Richard Castle, this third one is my favorite to date. These books go beyond simple franchise merchandising and clever tie-in. They are fully worthy of comparison to any modern best selling crime novels, completely separated from their TV series origin or not. And for those like me who are huge fans of said series, Castle, it's all the more fun.

I actually finished this novel in one sitting, up all night until 5:00 AM. It's actually the first time I've done a book all in one go. Completely loved it.

I still don't think anyone has revealed who's really writing these. My bet would be Andrew Marlowe, but he has continued to perfectly play along with the whole "they are written by Richard Castle" facade. Quite frankly, I think it's more fun if they never actually admit who's ghost writing them.

I anxiously look forward to the fourth book in the series (next year, perhaps?)

Oh, and extra points for another Malcolm Reynolds reference...

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 6, 2011 2:49:49 PM PDT
Lisa Baker says:
Where the heck have I been? There is no Richard Castle?.... Love the series too.
Lisa.

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 8:21:37 AM PDT
Kim G says:
Where is the Capt. Mal Reynolds ref? I love this show, and I'm so excited to have these tie ins :). I've read Nikki Heat, and am in the middle of Naked Heat, I would love to finish it so I can get to this one (I pre-ordered it and it has been sitting on my bedside table for a month...), I just dont have time to do anything but work and and tons of school work.... Trust me, I'd Much rather be reading these... or watching the show for that matter lol. Nice review, cant wait to get to it, esp since I've heard its the best one out of the three. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2011 4:54:34 PM PST
L. Shalla says:
My 10 year old niece wants this book...she's a fan of the show...do you think it would be okay for a 10 year old?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 4:03:43 AM PST
Lisa Baker says:
definitely not, its an adult book. The books are nothing like the series.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 8:50:02 PM PST
Kama says:
Chapter 16 page 244.

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 10:18:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 30, 2012 10:20:29 AM PST
Akashishi says:
Guy: The real writer is a guy named Tom Straw. There are clues to this, if you know where to look. For example, read the back leaf of the dust jacket on the first Castle novel, Heat Wave. There is no such thing as the "Nom DePlume Society," nor is there any such thing as a "Tom Straw Award" -- but Nom DePlume means, "pen name," and Tom Straw is a real writer. (And Mr. Straw appeared in a non-speaking cameo on Season 2, episode 5, sitting *with* Castle at the launch party for Heat Wave.)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2012 6:10:01 PM PST
A. Lee says:
definitely not. while the intimate part between Heat and Rook have been toned down from the first book in the series, its still not appropriate for a 10 yr. old.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (711 customer reviews)

$25.99 $19.70