3.0 out of 5 stars Squaretrade Warranty, May 13, 2010
This review is from: SquareTrade 3-Year Camera Accident Protection Plan ($700-$800) (Electronics)
I purchased the squaretrade 2 year warranty for my camera purchased on E bay. The camera mal functioned after one year and square trade fixed the camera with out a problem. Afer many, many and I mean many photos taken the camera it mal functioned again, I called squaretrade to have it repaired again under the warranty, but they refused stating the cost of the repair exceeded the cost of the camera, 1st repair was $ 135.00 cost to square trade, and they would not repair or replace it again. They only thing they could do is send me a check for the difference of the original cost of the camera less the 1 st repair cost which was about $ 22.00. So read the fine print, this is not an unlimited warranty! I was a little disappointed. The rep on the phone stated that the comera should have not been repaired the 1st time because of the high cost of repair compared to the cost of the camera.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 8 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 21, 2010 3:21:58 PM PDT
Hi George,

I apologize that your claim was not resolved to your satisfaction. We always try to provide the best possible service on our claims, but sometimes mistakes happen. If you can contact me directly at johnhelps@squaretrade.com, I'll try to help you resolve this issue.

John H., the SquareTrade Outreach Team

Posted on Jan 4, 2011 8:31:58 PM PST
Prasanta says:
Hi George,
I was almost ready to buy 3 year warranty now had to think from your review. Thanks for your response.
Did you have, as from John H comment, positive response ? if yes could you share your thoughts please.....

-Raj

Posted on Jan 13, 2011 9:26:26 AM PST
It's always tough to read the fine print, so I thank you for sharing your unfortunate experience.
Please let us know if anything changed with your situation.

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 8:25:31 PM PST
George, Thank you for posting your comments. I was about to buy the three year warranty from my new camera but judging from your experience, I can see it more of a 'bait & switch' type of contract where you are lead to believe certain contract conditions and services are being purchased, however when reality comes about, it's not really what you thought. Again, thank you for sharing your unpleasant experience.
Bill

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 2:36:31 AM PST
Lin Wang says:
Hi John,

I have just bought a Canon 60 D camera with 18-135 lens. I am thinking of buying the three year waranty but do not know how to to send it to your for repair if something happens to my camera. Can you tell me how to go through the procedures. Thanks. Is there a place in NYC where I can send my product for service with this three year contact? I will never buy it if I am not sure how to do it.

Lin

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 11:47:17 AM PST
Hi, i am thinking on buying the warranty for my new camcorder, but now that you had this experience, i am considering other options.
Thank You.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2011 9:54:03 AM PST
R. Jauregui says:
Hi John,
Please can you tell us how it finished this issue ? Because George did not make any coment about your answer. Thank you in advance.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2011 10:56:24 AM PST
Did George reply to your post? I read negative as well as positive reviews. Looking for consistancy not the occassional glitch.

Thanks

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 3:04:01 PM PST
Jeff Martin says:
Any updates on this? I guess I can read the fine print before buying a squaretrade warranty as this does not sit well with me. Thanks for posting this info.

Jeff

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 7:30:30 AM PST
T. Porto says:
Wow thanks for pointing this out... It's on their warranty information page. I'm not sure this warranty is worth the cost after realizing this.

"For Repairs: The Care Plan is good for multiple repairs, up to the maximum value of your item. Once the cost of repairs meets the full purchase price of the item, your Care Plan is considered fulfilled."
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›