5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and finally works with iPhone 4s and iPad 3, January 1, 2012
This review is from: Klipsch G-17 Air Wireless Sound System (High Gloss Black, 1) (Electronics)
First review from Jan 2012:
I was anxiously waiting for this product to arrive and when it did arrive it was an awesome surprise. I loved how pretty and cool this product looked and the packaging was great. The setup was not an issue at all but except the blue light (wireless signal) was always blinking slowly. Even with that blinking blue light, I was able to wirelessly sync my PC and macbook pro without any issues. The sound from this baby is very loud with its awesome bass for my 1200 sqrft apartment...lucky me the neighbors didn't complain. I could hear the beats and other subtle music elements very clearly. I have seen and tested the bower and wilkins zeppelin...which is no match to Klipsch G-17 quality in looks and music. But again that's my preference. However, I did have one complaint...this unit didn't work properly with my iPhone 4S. The music would play for few seconds and then abruptly stop and then play again. I tried reseting the system multiple times and called Klipsch customer care but they too couldn't solve the issue. Unfortunately, this product is so new that not many blogs/forums exist for any guidance. I didn't have a iPhone 4 to test its capability. At one point, the wireless signal did stay steady but still my i phone 4S didn't work wirelessly as well as the laptops did. iPhone worked great when connect via USB to the unit...but I didn't pay $550 for that. Therefore, this product deserves 5 stars but I gave 3 since it didn't wirelessly sync with my iPhone 4S. Thus I had to return this system back to AMAZON. I almost cried when packing it... almost got attached to this baby. Hopefully a better and advanced Klipsch will be out later...Will definitely try it again.

Final review June 2012:
I repurchased this product because the customer service rep posted a comment that the issue with iPhone streaming, etc. has been fixed. I am so glad I kept checking up on all the comments posted and I am very happy with the purchase. This is geat system for apt/condo. It works great with my iPhone 4s and iPad 3. There were no sync issues unlike before. It took me only 5mins to setup the whole system with my MacBook. The sound is crisp and clean. I pretty much stream all radio stations using my iPhone. Definitely not returning this item again. Unlike other people, I had no issues with wireless router, and I have a router provided by Verizon fios. whatever the bug was, it's been fixed.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 5, 2012 6:54:19 AM PST
B. Gilmore says:
This could be an AirPlay bug that Apple needs to fix. My iPhone4s has the same problem with my Zeppelin Air. Stuff I've read indicate older phones work fine. As I always stream from my computer and not my phone, just using my phon as a remote, it has only been a minor annoyance.

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 6:55:48 AM PST
B. Gilmore says:

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 6:28:00 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 16, 2012 6:52:21 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 7:48:07 AM PST
Lululala,

My name is Gavin Reeg and I am the Product Manager for all Klipsch products. I wanted to let you know that we are issuing the following statement regarding the issue iPhone 4S has with AirPlay.

"iPhone 4S owners may experience problems when streaming audio to the G-17 Air. Klipsch is working with Apple to resolve this issue. We will let you know when a solution is available."

I am very confident that this issued will be resolved in the near future and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I hope that you reconsider purchasing this product and encourage you to contact me regarding any other questions or concerns you may have. You can reach me by calling our office at (317) 860-8100 and ask for Gavin Reeg or email me at gavin.reeg@klipsch.com.

Thanks

Gavin Reeg
Klipsch Product Manager

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2012 7:37:37 AM PST
Lululala says:
It will be awesome if the problem is fixed. I will definitely purchase Klipsch airplay again once the problem is fixed.

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 7:55:18 AM PDT
ChopinBlues says:
I just bought one of these, and it works GREAT with my iPhone 4S. See the review I just posted, where I suggest that the problem resides with your wireless network.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012 11:46:55 AM PDT
Lululala,

The issue has been fixed since iOS 5.1 was launched and hopefully you have or are reconsidering purchasing the G-17 Air again. I encourage you to contact me if you have any additional questions or concerns or are interested in purchasing the G-17 again. My contact information is above.

Thanks,

Gavin Reeg
Klipsch Product Manager

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 12:12:07 PM PDT
A. Lyons says:
As an owner of many Klipsch products that are of a very high quality, I am not surprised to find a Product Manager actively monitoring these forums. Klipsch is great! Its great to see this followup, as I, too, am considering this product.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.6 out of 5 stars (283 customer reviews)

$549.99 $199.99