5.0 out of 5 stars Clone Wars at its Best, August 3, 2013
This review is from: Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Season 5 (DVD)
This is without a doubt the best season of The Clone Wars series. It's great come back from a rather disappointing season 4 and is pact with action and excitement. The stunning animation, sincere performances, and solid stories will captivate audiences of all ages. Among other things, season 5 shows just how physically, mentally, and emotionally strong Ahsoka is, which was a joy to watch. Experiencing the unique friendship between characters and their journey throughout the series is a wonderful reminder of why audiences are so captivated by Clone Wars. Congratulations are in order to the cast and crew of Star Wars: The Clone Wars!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 4, 2013 12:56:08 PM PDT
Daniel Ciora says:
Because of the conclusion of this season, I'm going to assume that Ahsoka is not murdered at the end of the Clone Wars.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2013 2:51:28 PM PDT
R. Clark says:
I've heard that there will be another season or partial season of Clone Wars, but it may be a direct-to-DVD release. Hopefully that is true so that we can finally, truly find out the fate of Ahsoka!

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 8:41:37 PM PDT
Surprised at your comment about being disappointed in Season 4. I thought Season 4 was a big step up from Season 3 and had some amazing episodes not to mention the final arc which was just a true treat for Star Wars fans.

Posted on Aug 8, 2013 12:32:39 PM PDT
I thought season 5 wasn't too bad, it certainly was great near the end, to bad THE END is what it was. The middle four episodes focusing on the droids was totally crap. The first episode aired on Dec 1st, 2012 and we had to wait until Jan 19th, 2013 for a great episode with Darth Maul in it. They only did this because they had to ramp up production on the great episodes with all the characters and needed filler. On top of this, we find out that R2-D2 can survive the largest explosion ever produced on The Clone Wars series and he was basically sitting on top of the center of the explosion. Yes, I know it's all make believe, and that was a great cliff hanger going into a commercial, but COME ON. They jumped the shark on that one. I think they had to rush the story with Ahsoka, it was entirely too predictable, I could tell what the plot line was and who the bad guy was entirely from the commercials. So yeah, Season 5? Meh.

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 12:20:38 PM PDT
avmax says:
Season 5 was good. Season 4 had to much witchcraft for my liking and they made Obi Wan a punching bag. He is probably one of, if not the greatest Jedi in the galaxy. I'm glad he was back to warrior form. There was hardly any Anakin stories in season 5 until the end of the season. The Droid stories were 3 episodes too long. But overall the stories were better than the previous season.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2013 11:00:57 AM PDT
D. Reed says:
There are rumors that she will turn up in the new animated Star Wars Rebels, which is set between episode III and IV

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 11:03:39 AM PDT
D. Reed says:
I haven't finished watching season 5 yet (thank you, DVR) but so far it's a major disappointment. I thought season 4 started bad, the first two arcs were not good, but the rest of the season was some of the strongest and darkest material. Season 5 just seems to be treading water, not what I would have expected for a series that was supposed to wrap up in season 5 originally. And there is so much focus on Ashoka, you begin to wonder whatever happened to Obiwan and Anakin? Overall, I'd rank seasons 2 and 3 as the best, then 1 and 4, with 5 definitely bringing up the rear.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2013 10:51:19 AM PDT
I couldn't agree with you more. I cannot for the life of me figure out why possessed Disney to cancel a highly acclaimed show that the fans loved and won awards with a cliff hangar. We the fans need some kind of closure here.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2013 8:28:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2013 8:35:02 AM PST
Rongresh32 says:
Hey if you are thirsty for more clone wars action you can always read the dozens of clone wars novels. Trust me you will become addicted, like I currently am. Keep in mind the stories are set during a time of war so don't be shocked by the extreme violence.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2013 1:03:10 PM PST
avmax says:
Thanks, but I have quite a bit of reading material that's piling up on my Kindle and my pc's that I need to finish. But I may take the plunge in the future.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (197 customer reviews)

$44.98 $29.96