5.0 out of 5 stars Whats that sound?? huh...what...LOOK OUT!!!!, October 14, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dead Space (Video Game)
Dead Space is a fantastic and refreshing new game to come out in a long time. The game is like a combination of Bioshock-Resident Evil-Gears of war all combined! If you liked any of those games or all 3 (like I did) then you should do your self a favor and get this game NOW!

It is a wonderful mix of sci-fi horror 3rd person shooter with a great story, plenty of action and gore.....creepy. A good example of the scare tactics used in this game are the wall busters(as I like to call them) you could be all caught up in the moment only to have a creature bust through the vent shaft, ceiling, glass...any where they can and scare the heck out of you! You will get goose bumps(I know, I have) The controls might take a little time for some as there are 2 button combinations for some actions like: LT+A or LT+RB which should not be to difficult to pick up pretty quickly.

The graphics are top notch along with a spooky sound track that you would expect from this type of game. The story is done very well in my opinion and keeps you alert as to what you need to do next. There is a very helpful direction laser as I like to call it, that when activated (Pressing down on the right thumb stick) can show you the direction you need to go, very helpful if you get stuck. There are some zero gravity areas that some gamers might find disorienting a bit, but should not be for most. The is not a game for the faint at heart, be prepared to get scared and have fun at the same time!

Graphics:9.5

My score: 9.8

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first

misterXYZ says:
approx. 12 hours fun

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2008 11:33:45 AM PDT
Terrence A. says:
Finished it in about 13 and that was with me more or less taking my time. Think about it though, that's thirteen hours of truly terrifying stuff. I would NOT pass this up.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2008 2:17:22 PM PDT
Chris Pinto says:
never thought Id get spooked be a vid game last nite my first. A alien ran by part of the ship scared the hell out of me...
fun game cant wait for Fallout 3........

Posted on Nov 2, 2008 8:15:13 PM PST
T. Boesch says:
I totally agree with you man! I loved Bioshock, Gears of War, AND Resident Evil although each of those games was amazing, I found a few things that could have been better. Dead Space definately rolled all 3 games into 1 and fixed their defects. I (not to brag or anything) am not that easy to impress with a video game or movie but this game, o man, I honestly refuse to play this game at night in the dark. I get so freaked out by this game its not even funny! My hands were shaking when I did play it in the dark (1 time) and I had to shut it off and go do something else. I would totally recommend this game to anyone not scared of gore or violence or just freaky stuff popping out of walls or the dark.

Posted on Jan 24, 2009 9:06:31 PM PST
Brent Chua says:
How would you compare this to silent hill homecoming? I don't know why but i've been addicted to horror movies and games lately (i just had a horror marathon watching all saw movies, and a couple zombie movies). I want more... i want more! I WANT MORE!!!! lol

Posted on Mar 8, 2010 8:30:43 AM PST
D. says:
I agree with most of your points, but like many others, I was disappointed by the plot, and I don't understand all talking about it's 'great story'.

I loved the game, don't get me wrong. It's just the characters were kind of shallow and there weren't any really likeable ones.

Also the story was basically, worst case scenario, oh wait, it just got worse, rinse & repeat.

After awhile with the plot, I was like, 'oh okay, I just solved this problem, but wait, solving this problem just made everything worse'. That over and over again.

But again, I loved the game, and I'm definitely going to play through it again soon, and I definitely recommend it to anyone who loves action/adventure/thriller games.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2010 12:46:43 AM PDT
HaHaHaHa!! NOW that's some honesty man!!
THANKS for sharing! It was a toss-up between getting this title and DOOM 3 for my X-BOX. But after reading this review and its subsequent comments.. has pertty much.. SEALED THE DEAL!! that's WITHOUT even mentioning the 'Enthused' salesguy at BEST BUY!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2011 6:53:36 AM PST
This is much better than Doom 3 for sure.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (294 customer reviews)

$29.99 $18.49