4.0 out of 5 stars Caution parents..., May 8, 2012
This review is from: Coby Kyros 7-Inch Android 4.0 4 GB 16:9 Resistive Touchscreen Internet Tablet, Black MID7033-4 (Personal Computers)
I bought this product after reading the reviews and recommendations of many. This 4.0 tablet is light, responsive and fast. If you don't follow the directions on how to touch the screen it will be very frustrating.

My real reason for writing this review is to let parents know that the tablet is not able to be administrator locked. All of the apps so far are free, and some of the apps are clearly not age appropriate for those under 18(yikes). Now that I have bought it, I am not sure how to tackle this issue.

This android tablet is not compatible with the google play app store, cnet app store, and one other one that I can't remember, but it does allow third party app downloads.

For the price, it is well worth the money. I will update my review after my children have manhandled it for a while.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 10, 2012 8:12:25 AM PDT
Koffee says:
I know per the description that it comes with its own eReader..but do you know if its compatible, or if I am able to download the Kindle application?

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 12:39:19 PM PDT
miskalaylay says:
yes you can download the amazon app store. Once downloaded, you can access kindle. I just did it. I am so glad you asked.

Posted on May 11, 2012 4:37:25 PM PDT
so are there any problem with it

Posted on May 30, 2012 5:22:05 PM PDT
just to throw it out there, when u make a gmail account to use the market, in the market settings or in ur gmail settings it allows you to set parental ratings for apps u wish not to see.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 5:38:26 PM PDT
Were you able to down the google market?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 7:29:41 AM PDT
miskalaylay says:
I could not download the google market because that is specific to smart phones. I did download the amazon appstore, nook, and netflix.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 7:32:21 AM PDT
miskalaylay says:
If it is for a child, be sure to let them know that flicking (yes I said flicking) it will shatter the screen. Since that is accidental damage it isn't covered under the warranty and will cost $45.00 to fix (smh)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 7:35:30 AM PDT
miskalaylay says:
thanks, I will do that. I did set up the appstore through my gmail account, so I get an email alert that lets me know of all downloads. If you buy more than one tablet, you must set up more than one amazon account to download the appstore to each tablet.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›