ARRAY(0xa253206c)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Cat Owners, September 3, 2011
This review is from: Apple Wireless Keyboard MC184LL/B (Personal Computers)
My desk at home is crowded. (It is actually a breakfast bar at the moment.) I already had a very nice wireless Logitech keyboard made for the Mac (no longer available) but I couldn't turn it off. You see, our cats like to walk on the breakfast bar while we are out or asleep. Many mornings, I've come out to find that they have been attempting to chat with their Facebook friends, access my bank accounts and shop Amazon for kitty toys. When I caught them going to feline dating sites, that was when I decided that I needed a keyboard I could switch off at night.

My boss has the older version of this keyboard at work (the one that takes three batteries I believe) so I played with it and decided I could live with the smaller keyboard. Amazon delivered this quickly, saving me a trip to Apple store or Walmart, and for the same price.

The only trouble that I've had with it is getting used to the size. I rarely use the internal keyboard of my MacBook Pro 17". It is in a docking station at home and at work, most always with the lid closed. As a touch typist, I don't look at the keyboard except to use the keys like launchpad, volume, etc. So for some reason my left hand wants to position itself on key to the left of where it should go. After a week of use however, it is starting to fall in the correct position.

Typing on it is really no different than typing on the notebook keyboard. It has a good feel to it though I long for the days of the IBM M "click" keyboard. But not enough to pay $300+ for the current equivalent.

I don't miss the numeric keypad found on my full size keyboards. For whatever reason I just don't use that as much as I did years ago, so the loss of it hasn't really had an impact on me.

Besides being able to power down the keyboard to keep our cats in line, this keyboard and my "Magic Track Pad" or whatever Apple calls it fit into my computer bag taking up almost no room and adding very little weight. As a result, when I go into the office, all three devices (the notebook is included) go with me.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 4, 2011 10:02:30 PM PDT
Jane Swetman says:
A very humorous explanation as to why it's important to have a keyboard that switches off.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 7:41:46 PM PDT
S. Earle says:
That was a beautiful review and my best to your Feline "editors"..

Thanks for the laugh.. Made my evening.

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 11:35:13 PM PDT
Raven says:
I have a macbook but got this wireless keyboard I THINK BECAUSE of my cats. They are suspect in the keyboard on the macbook no longer working. They always like sitting or laying on my macbook pressing keys. (they LOVE carat browsing and turning on the voiceover) finally the keyboard went kaput....oh one also hopped off the table I was using causing macbook to fly a little, maybe that killed the kb. So here I am with a wireless its awesome. Right now Im using macbook on my desk with the little kb on the kb shelf. kitty can't get to it here :) so even tho YOUR post may have been somewhat tongue in cheek it described my need for this wireless kb. I like the small size cause the other type were too big for the litte table I was using having both macbook and kb on it.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 8:37:58 PM PST
So cute!!

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 7:54:42 AM PST
Thank you for my much-needed laugh of the day. (PS - I hope my cat Miller doesn't read this; I just bought the keyboard and thought I saw him eyeing it!)

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 9:16:25 PM PST
Amanda RM says:
Aside from being a helpful review, this one has to be by far the funniest I have ever read for any product on this site! Thanks for the humor and the great review!

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 5:19:30 PM PDT
Sarah Graham says:
Nicely played. Though I thoroughly enjoy reading and receiving ghost-written cat correspondences, it would be nice to have a device that would prevent my dear kitty from sending them--and yet she will never know the difference. Keep commenting-- or start a blog-- the world needs more well-written, kind-hearted wry humor.

I have not yet decided upon my purchase, but your post makes me feel good about this product. :)

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 8:43:32 AM PDT
Carol says:
Love your feline comments. My cat, Cookie, loves to sprawl over my MacBook keyboard, causing havoc wherever she touches. Many thanks for a great laugh this morning!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 11:21:51 AM PST
Loved your review and, yes, cats do surf the internet when you are not looking! I have suspected my 2 cats of doing this but have yet to catch them in the act.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 2:45:56 PM PST
This was the best review I've ever seen...you made me laugh so hard with your cats very good sense of using technology!Thank you for making me laugh!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (733 customer reviews)

$69.00 $64.99