Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars it's like this ..., September 28, 2013
This review is from: Four Blood Moons: Something Is About to Change (Paperback)
I messed up on this one, and wound up paying full retail + tax for this book. I'm still pretty happy with the value I got for my money. I'm writing this review to possibly help others decide if they would be interested in buying the book.
One thing that I will point out is that about the first half of the first chapter contains some pro-Israel writing. That may catch a reader unfamiliar with John Hagee by surprise. Just read through it.
The Section 2 of the book is called The Spine of Prophecy. It is an effective way of preparing the reader for what comes in the final section. It covers things like does the "end of the age" refer to the rapture of the church? And, how many more signs must be fulfilled before the church can be raptured? I also enjoyed the historical material included from Josephus.
Chapter 6 is entitled Concerning the Rapture. Perhaps that was my favorite chapter. I found a couple of points that were somewhat new to me; and even somewhat encouraging. With all that's going on during the endtime, it can be easy to get confused as to where rapture fits in the timeline.
I was interested to read Hagee's thoughts on Replacement Theology.
Chapter 9 is entitled Famine, Earthquakes and Anarchy. I find Hagee tends to excel in communicating how things really are. I think many, too many, people just are not able to imagine problems on a truly massive scale.
There was a interesting note that the gospel of salvation will be preached until the church is raptured. Then the gospel of the kingdom shall be preached.
Section 3 is on the four blood moons. The last chapter was as good as I hoped it would be. For those who might have seen Hagee's sermon series on this subject; I felt I ended the book with a little more information than I had from the sermon series. However, there was no end date determined.
Overall, this is probably my favorite book on the subject. I actually ended the book feeling a little more upbeat about the coming end.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 31, 2013 8:51:00 AM PDT
Excellent review, although I haven't yet read the book and am not sure about Hagee. Perhaps this will be a deciding point for me, to read this book. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2013 10:27:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2013 10:27:49 AM PST
simplejay123 says:
Thank you. I try to make my reviews helpful; even though I know full well that what I find to be helpful, not everybody will find helpful. I encourage people to read as many reviews as they can. I do so myself; and find that I am seldom disappointed with the books that I decide to buy.

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 4:05:46 PM PST
j mcinnis says:
Thanks, Pastor Hagee is one of the the best. Yes, Israel is in the forefront as Jerusalem will be in the final place of government by our Lord Jesus when He returns. Keep your eyes on the east and the re-building of the temple there! God has since the beginning, chosen only the Jews as His people with Gentile Christians grafted in as purposed by God to bring His Israel home to rest forever. They will return from their exiles in other areas as many are returning now, they will worship and obey their God finally as He has planned. Time frame unknown but keep your eyes on the great ones of prophesy and read, read the Word of God. Establish a relationship with the Lord and in doing so establish a home for eternity for there are two choices being offered. Jesus is the only way to God and to eternal life for yourself!

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 3:20:01 PM PST
Donna Diorio says:
I wish someone would give Pastor Hagee a copy of my friend and associate, Matthew Wilson's new book The Ruth-less Church: The Role of Christians in Israel's Redemption as Prophesied in the Book of Ruth . It might cause him to reassess what God is calling the Church to in the matter of Israel's redemption. I held the commonly accepted prophetic interpretation of the book of Ruth until a few monts ago when I read The Ruth-less Church. Not only did Matt do his homework on what he reveals about Ruth, but it also has the ring of truth, the witness of the Holy Spirit that this is indeed what God's intent in the story of Ruth was to communicate to us in these last days. The Church has a much stronger role to play in the redemption of Israel - and would to God that John Hagee would discover the full story. He does great to support Israel, but God has a very specfic Ruth-like role for us to fill that goes beyond that. Anyone able to get this book to John Hagee, a blessing on you for reaching a key person of influence on Christians who love Israel.

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 3:26:10 PM PST
Gazebo Lane says:
Thanks for your good review!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2014 1:37:29 AM PDT
Carol says:
If you want John Hagee to have this book so much why don't you send it to him. Just a thought I had while reading your post. Not meaning to be rude I just wanted to give you an idea as how you might get said book to him. He may or may not appreciate it.

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 10:37:33 AM PDT
Thanks for the good review. I heard John Hagee preach on this subject personally in Charlotte, NC and the sermon was real informing. Looking forward to reading the book. Thanks again.

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 2:34:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 12, 2014 2:35:15 AM PDT
Mark Thomas says:

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 6:42:19 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 20, 2014 6:14:17 AM PDT]

Posted on May 16, 2014 12:11:07 PM PDT
Dianna says:
I have read about 30% of the book and am very disappointed. I thought it would be a combination of scentific explanation of for 4 blood moons combined with biblical references to their meaning. Instead, at this point it is just a text form of a TV sermon with very little of what I had expected.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›