4.0 out of 5 stars Really good except for one issue, January 10, 2009
This review is from: Cheetah Mounts APSAMB 32-65" LCD TV Wall Mount Bracket with Full Motion Swing Out Tilt & Swivel Articulating Arm for Flat Screen Flat Panel LCD LED Plasma TV and Monitor Displays Includes Free 10' Braided High Speed HDMI Cable With Ethernet (Electronics)
I just finished installing this mount and my 50" Panasonic plasma. I bought the articulating mount so I could position the TV in the corner. This means I mounted it towards the corner of one wall and used the articulation to move it to a diagonal position where the edges are flush against adjacent walls.

This mount was very easy to install. Instructions were great. I really liked the built-in level. It was easy to get the plasma on the mount with two people.

The one issue I had was with the tv actually being level. The tv is level when it's flat against the wall. When I articulate it out a bit and to the right, the right edge dips. It's obvious enough to bother me. What I did was adjust one of the brackets that bolt to the tv. I purposely had one bracket one position different (higher) than the other. This resulted in leveling the tv when articulated. However, when I put the tv back against one wall, it's grossly off level. That's ok for me because the permanent spot is in the corner which is level. I think the problem is due to the weight pressing down on the arm. Not much you can do about it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 19, 2009 5:35:23 PM PST
AL says:
Add a small 1/8-1/4" (2x2x2) right angle aluminum bracket lag it to the wall stud.
This will hold up the lower corner and keep it level.
Position the angle behind the corner of the TV to hide it. You can also paint it to match the color of your wall or the TV.
Round the corners of the angle so it won't accidentally hurt someone.
Add felt pad (with PSA) so it won't scratch your new and beautiful TV.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 12, 2011 10:36:18 AM PST
Bondsmith says:
I have a smaller cheetah mount for my 32" Panasonic that also was drooping when it was stretched out from the wall. It turns out that I had not sufficiently tightened the bolt that controls the tension of the extension arm (on top of the mount). I think the trick is to tighten the bolt enough that the mount does not droop but that it can still extend and rotate without having to pull on the TV too hard. I found the right tightness on my mount and I can now easily extend the TV in and out from the wall and rotate it in both directions with no drooping.

Also, my cheetah mount has another bolt that can be loosened a bit to allow you to swivel the TV. If this mount has that ability, and tightening the extension bolt does not solve the problem, perhaps you can compensate for the droop by swiveling the screen when it is extended. Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2011 8:11:06 AM PDT
Would this method of correcting the droop also work ith a 55" tv?
I lack the ability to install fixtures which have no 'droop' when installed! What brand can be installed without alterations?

Thanks!
stinman52@aol.com

cheetah Mounts 32"-55" LCD TV Wall Mount Bracket with Full Motion Swing Out Tilt & Swivel Articulating Arm for Flat Screen Flat Panel LCD LED Plasma TV and Monitor Displays APSAMB

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 9:40:42 PM PST
I has the leveling problem, too, when I first hung my 55" plasma. Then I realized that there are 4 hex bolts attaching a plate to the back of the bracket that the hangers hang on. If you "twist" your TV to perfect level, then tighten those 4 hex-bolts down, it'll stay level. They leave them loose so that you can ge the TV perfectly level after hanging it.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 2:56:15 PM PDT
Kemie says:
can i use this to view the tv at a 90 degrees to the wall to the wall not flush with it using a 50 plasama

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 3:54:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2012 3:57:30 PM PDT
Bondsmith says:
Kemie,

It depends on the width of your TV. The mount does swivel 90 degrees and can be pulled out from the wall up to 26". This means the back of your TV will be sitting 26" off the wall when fully extended. As you swivel the mount, one end of your TV will be moving towards the wall where the mount is installed, so as long as your TV is 52" (26" x 2) or less, you will be able to get it perpendicular to the wall before the edge of the TV touches the wall preventing further swiveling. This assumes, of course, that the screw holes for the mount on the back of your TV are centered (then normally are).

Also, be aware that it is the entire width of the TV, frame and any side mounted speakers. A 50" TV does not mean the unit is 50" wide.

Hope this helps.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 10:16:56 AM PDT
amazoncritic says:
Can I accomplish what I want with this mount?
I have a massive window that is the current backdrop for my TV that is on a stand. Instead of getting a larger stand for my new large TV, I was hoping I could mount the TV directly to the left of this window. As is that would be way off center from the "sweet spot" viewing position. Can I articulate this mount 26" (or some amount of inches) directly to the right of the mounted position. In other words, not pull the TV off the wall, but move it laterally so that it "kind of" covers the window, and essentially gets closer to the middle of the wall. Thanks!

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 4:21:45 PM PDT
Fix is to remove tv from wall mount bracket. Look at middle of mount for tv see 5 Allen bolts there, the middle bolts round hole is tv pivot. The other 4 bolt holes are elongated to allow up and down movement for one side (light bulb just went on) you need to loosen allen bolts to get movement, try it with no tv on it. re tighten untill you can barely move bracket with force.. Leave center bolt tighter.. wow now you have 5 degrees of adjustment as per box cover. Not in instructions.. way more adjustment then you will ever need.. cannot get adjustment with tv on mount gotta loosen bolts first..

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 9:56:59 AM PDT
Frank James says:
Thanks so much for this review. I had the same problem and your "fix" did the trick. I was at a loss without it!

Posted on Oct 19, 2013 9:06:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 19, 2013 9:07:30 AM PDT
Miss6853 says:
Do you know if this mount will work for a LG 55" model number 55lm4600? I'm also mounting this on a fireplace, any advice?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›