5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS IT is OUTSTANDING, October 28, 2009
This review is from: Michael Jackson: This Is It (DVD)
I was in the movie theater and watched with awe the entire premiere of this phenomenal movie just after midnight October 28.

THIS IS IT the Movie is extraordinary. Rarely am I so gripped by a movie that I did not want to blink! I was hoping the movie would be made available in DVD - buying this DVD is a MAJOR GIFT!

During each rehearsal Michael Jackson was passionately hands on regarding every facet of the concert experience he was creating. The energy Michael and ALL who were involved in these rehearsals created an experience that is almost indefinable in words - it transports you with awe INTO the soul behind the creation of the music.

The movie Director, producers, special effects, make-up, costume, musicians, the dancers who performed with Michael during these final rehearsals before his passing are all PHENOMENAL.
I feel we owe a HUGE debt of gratitude to the special people who filmed the rehearsals that made this movie. What a GIFT you have given humanity!

Michael Jackson will forever be a gift to humanity. When you see this movie you will understand why.

{An Update} Tonight, December 3, 2009, I saw the final showing of this amazing film for the 5th time. I was just as glued to the screen as I was the first time. I never cried before for what I could only describe as a poignant ending, but I did tonight. THIS IS IT is so much more about the care Michael Jackson had for humanity, and our planet.

He said, "I've always loved trees, I get upset at the mismanagement of our planet, that every minute trees the size of a football field is cut down in the Amazon rain forest... It's up to us to fix this and we only have four years left before it's irreversible. People say the government will fix this, "they" will fix this, "they", they who? It's up to us. This is it...That's why I write these songs, to inspire people, to give them hope, I'm so glad I can give that to the world."

When he spoke to all of the people involved in the rehearsals he said, "This is an adventure, a great adventure. To take people places they've never been before, to show them talent that they've never seen before."

This precious soul named Michael Jackson leaves us with an awareness to take responsibility for the changes we must make. I feel one of the best ways we can pay tribute to him is to start planting trees in his name in honor of each person who wants to keep his memory alive.

Each of the five times I was glued to the screen watching the movie THIS IS IT moved my heart in ways I've never experienced before. The loss is HUGE, but I know he's watching, so I'd like to say, Thank You Michael Jackson for giving us a lifetime of your heart that will remain in our hearts forever.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2009 12:17:07 AM PST
thedre says:
Barbara, buy the Live in Bucharest DVD. I just watched it....no holding back....singing and dancing....unbelievable. Slight dated feel to little things...like guitarists hair, etc., but man, he rules....biggest audience I ever saw...maybe too many shots of girls passing out and being carted off...well, not maybe....and the sound needs to be heard on a serious system. It sounds like a mix of stage and audience listening levels...turn it up.! HIs singing...his dancing....can't get over it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2009 12:42:01 AM PST
Barbara Rose says:
Hi Thedre,

Wow, this was really sweet of you to let me know. I will buy it for sure. As I type this I'm wearing a MICHAEL JACKSON AT-Shirt, his website http://MichaelJackson.com has a fantastic store with really great merchandise. Bravado runs it, really top notch, and "official" merchandise. I saw this movie four times so far, I'm so moved each time. MJ really gave his whole heart and soul to make a difference. Just a minute ago I watched his last rehearsal (again) - and what I realized is that he spent the last days of his life doing exactly what he loved the most - creating the best musical experience for his fans.

A Strange but surreal coincidence is the last words spoken by set director during MJ's final rehearsal, "hold for applause, fade out."
And MICHAEL smiled. What kills me is how vicious and cruel some people are. I feel really protective of him and his obvious innocence.
I'll be listening to and watching his music for the rest of my life. I don't watch TV (just don't like all the negative drama) but THIS movie inspired me to want to buy a big screen so I can watch the videos with surround sound. I look forward to when I can buy that.

The CD that is from this movie is phenomenal! This Is It Enjoy! I'm going to order the DVD you suggested - thanks so much!

Posted on Nov 26, 2009 1:07:12 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 4, 2010 12:40:52 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 17, 2009 4:35:55 PM PST
Proud Texan says:
What a beautiful review Barbara and a lovely idea to plant trees; I think Michael would like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2009 4:36:04 AM PST
Heather Nutt says:
Hey a Big Shout Out Happy Holidays 2 The MJ Commumity Happy Holidays! I think planting a trees is a great way to honor MJ. We homeschool and I think my girls teens now would be ready 2 plant in the Spring! Great Idea!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2009 4:41:15 AM PST
Heather Nutt says:
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (895 customer reviews)

$14.99 $4.61
Reviewer

Barbara Rose
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Location: BornToInspire.com