5.0 out of 5 stars Life-Altering, May 15, 2009
Seem a little grand as a title? Maybe...

But I wish I'd had one of these my whole life.

It's easy to use (try it before your period starts so you can get the hang of it), and as long as you're not squeamish about your own fluids you will be SO GLAD YOU GOT THIS. It's easy! It's CLEAN! It keeps your outside clean and your insides moving, not to put too fine a point on it, which just leads to optimum vaginal health.

Don't buy the wipes that Diva sells; just rinse it in hot water and when your cycle is done boil it as directed in the package and put it in the cloth bag (NOT A ZIPLOCK). It'll be clean and ready for you next time.

Also, don't be alarmed when this gets stained, because it will. Totally normal!

The only cons I can offer are that you might find that you can feel the nub on the end a bit; I got used to that really fast. It doesn't feel any different than a tampon, which is to say if you can feel it more than a teensy bit you don't have it in right so try again.

Also, this is probably not going to work for people who can't use tampons, since the principal (cramming something in your nethers) is the same.

However! If you use tampons all the time with no problem, get one of these instead. You'll save yourself some money, make your area happier, and your drainpipes will thank you. (No matter how biodegradable they say those things are, I can guarantee you they stick around quite awhile.)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 30, 2010 6:34:04 PM PDT
KMM says:
Some people can't use tampons because of ensuing vaginal dryness, not any real problem with inserting something into the vagina. The cup doesn't have that particular issue so it's great for TSS avoidance.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2010 7:11:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 2, 2010 7:13:13 PM PDT
Danielle V. says:
I can't use tampons. They hurt me. But I am extremely happy with my mentrual cups. I have a mooncup UK (bought before the USA ban due to them having the same name as the moon cup USA even though the UK one came out first and due to the new need for FDA approval) and I have the Lunette. My favorite is the moon cup UK. I think all menstrual cups are great though. It makes the period a whole lot easier.

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 8:45:28 AM PST
NEWS says:
a tiny amount of bleach added to boiling water removes all stains. Rinse thoroghly and you're golden.

Posted on Jul 16, 2011 8:10:09 PM PDT
Your comment "cramming something into nethers" really made me LOL!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2011 11:19:27 AM PDT
OrganicMom says:
Despite what people and bleach companies say, bleach is harmful! Also, the package says to use nothing other than a clear soap with no added fragrances. I wouldn't use bleach. I try and stay away from it as much as possible. I don't like that they are in diapers and diaper wipes as well, things that touch skin let alone go into my body.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2011 4:16:48 PM PDT
NEWS says:
Yes, I know bleach is harmful but it does have its uses. I use a drop or 2 in a small pot when boiling for a few minutes. It lifts the stains. The cup stains over time. I rinse thoroughly for several minutes after boiling.

If you're fine with stains dont bleach it. But, nothing else will work..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2011 7:32:00 AM PST
jacquelineo says:
You can also use peroxide to clean. Much healthier than bleach

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 1:33:03 AM PST
Catalina says:
Your review helped me a lot. I ordered one and just started using it. I wish I had one of these my whole life, too! Not only I am not squeamish about my own fluids, I find it so fascinating! I posted my own review, too. More women should know about this and switch.

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 2:06:21 AM PST
You don't need bleach to remove the stain, ladies. I have had a mooncup (UK) for about four years now, and I just give it a quick scrub once a month with an old toothbrush and ordinary liquid hand soap. Mine is still completely intact, I only expected it to last a couple of years but I am very pleasantly surprised. My teenage daughter asked for one when I first got it and is quite disappointed that she can't use one until, ahem, she is deflowered ;)

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 12:32:52 PM PDT
Jamie D. says:
If, like this reviewer, you have a problem with the stem bothering you, you can trim it down or cut it off completely (just make sure you don't cut into the cup itself). The cup has little ribs along the bottom so you can still grip it to remove it.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›