The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Never Again!!!!!!!, December 19, 2011
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2012 [OLD VERSION] (Software)
I've been using Quickbooks since 2002 and have used later versions since then. When upgrading to Quickbooks 2012 I encountered a problem that was totally unacceptable. After completing the embedded registration questionaire I attempted to then complete the registration process online, as I was prompted to. This wasn't as simple as it should have been. I was prompted to call an 800-number, after which I was injected into an automated menu which prompted me to provide the same information that I had already provided when I completed the registration form. As it turns out, you have to be given a "Validation Code" from Intuit after you've entered all of your information, plus the product license number which came with the installation CD. In short, it took me 25 minutes of frustrating conversation (with people who couldn't speak English well) to be given a validation code. Intuit, YOU LOST ME AS A CUSTOMER!!!!! This was insulting!!!!

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Dec 20, 2011 4:57:03 PM PST
Hello, I deeply understand your frustrations about your experience when upgrading and registering your QuickBooks Pro 2012 and with customer support. My team and I would like to thoroughly investigate your registration issue. If you could, please provide me with your contact information and email it to markd@intuit.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon so we can get this issue resolved for you and any other customers this may be affecting. Thanks again for your feedback.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2011 1:18:05 PM PST
J. Michel says:
I had a similar issue as well.

A comment by the manufacturer   (What's this?)
Posted on Dec 20, 2011 4:57:03 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 1:34:06 PM PST
Doctor C says:
So Mark, why did the customer have to go through all that? Is this a standard practice at Intuit? Why can't you comment further publicly? What are you trying to hide?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 1:42:06 PM PST
T. Council says:
Mark, is this a serious request? Your company funnels me to people in India for a Validation Code, and you want me to remember their names? ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR A VALIDATION CODE!!! You already have the serial number and product code key as product validation numbers!!

Posted on May 1, 2012 11:19:27 PM PDT
Sara Evans says:
I had exactly this same problem. I've paid them and entered the 15 digit registration code as well as the product code when I installed the software (after several attempts to download and a call to their tech support). Then I just want to process payroll (finally!) and now it wants a validation code (unavailable, since support is closed). Very frustrating. Feels like they want triple assurance that I've paid their upgrade fee and that they're indifferent to me as a customer.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 4:59:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 5:02:06 PM PDT
J. Michel- I am now under 'pressure' from Intuit to upgrade or lose online banking functionality. My question: Did Intuit ever address this 'registration runaround' and all other concerns listed in this forum since 12-2011 or are all downloaders being faced with this hell?

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 5:00:31 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 8, 2012 5:01:26 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 5:03:05 PM PDT
Dear QB Care- yes or no- will I have this issue when I cave to the pressure to download your QB Pro 2012

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 6:36:49 PM PST
T. Council says:
Kristine, I have already lost all online functionality in my QB 2012. What really galls me is that the PDF function is also semi-disabled. By that I mean that when you go to create a PDF version of a QB invoice, you get your invoice scarred by a logo-banner of the company they want your to upgrade your PDF plug-in from. So, your invoice looks like something you can't use professionally because this banner is in the upper left-hand corner - right where your company name/address would ordinarily be seen. I often send customers a PDF invoice copy via e-mail, but now I cannot. I have no idea how Intuit thinks it can retain customers like this.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.3 out of 5 stars (636 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $499.99