5.0 out of 5 stars I am so glad that the Batman Lego sets have been re-released, January 17, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Super Heroes The Batcave 6860 (Toy)
My kids have been asking for Batman Legos for over a year so I was so excited to see this at the store. My son, who is almost 6, could only put together the batcycle and drill tank and I had to build the rest.
This set was fun to put together and came with some interesting pieces. I loved the red bat phone, I will attach a picture of that, and my kids thought the batarangs were amusing. This set has been assembled for a few days now and it still mostly put together, which is amazing for my children, so I would say that it is pretty durable.

The instruction booklets are in a plastic bag with the cardboard sheet so they don't bend in the box. The stickers that you apply are made out of a plastic material instead of paper, which I prefer because then your stickers don't show any wear when the pieces are frequently played with.

The Batman minifigure head has two expressions, a smirk and a slight frown; the Bruce Wayne minifigure has just one expression which is a slight frown; Poison Ivy has two expressions also, a smile and an angry face; Robin has a surprised look and a straight face; and my kids have already misplaced Bane so I don't know if he has multiple expressions.

One annoyance I had was with batman, he has a white stripe across his head so only white will show though the eye holes when he has his mask on. It makes his head kind of useless for other things unless I want to make him into an 80's exercise minifigure with a headband on. One more irritation, does Lego think that base plates are made of gold? They don't include them in sets enough of the time. I wish this set would have include base plate so it would have been more durable and easier to build.

My rule of thumb is the set should cost 10% of the number of pieces, there are 689 pieces so that would be $69, and the MSRP is $69.99 so I think this is a good deal for the money.

This set is great but it does have a few flaws, so I would give it 4˝ stars.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]