5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome TV if the right picture setting are used & here they are, May 28, 2011
This review is from: Samsung UN55D7000 55-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D LED HDTV (Silver) [2011 MODEL] (2011 Model) (Electronics)
Use the picture settings in my Review listed at the end and the Samsung un55d7000 will look awesome. First off I notice major black light bleed out of the box & even after tweaking the TV on my own until I found the right settings from a other users.

What I really like about this tv is that my playstation 3 is synced with the tv. My tv come's on when the playstation is turned on and I can control my ps3 with my Samsung remote nice feature. The tv is nice a thin not very heavy. The 2d to 3d conversion is total crap some stuff looks good but for the most part it's a BIG gimmick. Movies & stuff filmed in 3D look amazing sometimes it's a hit & miss. So far my favorite 3d movies are : ( Monsters Vs Aliens ) ( avatar ) ( Despicable me ) Resident evil looked like crap & I really didn't like monster house. I am hoping the studios will improve 3D filming and make live action films pop out more. I tried some playstation 3 games in 3d I like the idea but WoW it really makes your eyes hurt after awhile.

Setting up the tv was pretty easy I did found setting up the wireless on the Tv to be a real pain. I am pretty good with computers and wireless network it was still a pain. I have a netgear router and I was not able to link it with normal settings the tv kept saying my pass word was wrong password ended up doing the button method on my router and samsung tv. Right away the Tv found the router and no more issues.

Now for the calibration settings that will make your set look amazing and reduce the famous Samsung clouding issue and black light bleeding which I couldn't stand until this ! Make sure you have a hdmi 1.4 cable I did notice a issue with my old hdmi cable and the 1.4 cable solved the slow lag, any cheap one will do as long as it's 1.4

PICTURE

7 2 3 0
8 1 2 0
9 -1 2 2
10 0 1 1

Make sure you select each color in the color space and enter them like above. These setting where produced from a computer calibration. You may need to add a little or less depending on your room. If you don't like the setting simple reset your picture but honestly you will notice a HUGE difference right away with just these settings.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 21 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 67 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 16, 2011 10:16:31 AM PDT
Andre says:
Thanks so much for taking the time to deliver all this detail. My TV arrives today, and I'm going to give your settings a shot!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2011 11:14:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2011 11:16:14 AM PDT
Glad that I could help you. Let me know how those settings work and how you like the tv. Over all I have been very happy with my set.

You might want to look at the 4 year square trade warranty in home repair. I got mine last week and it was on sale for $212.00 it was $250. Squaretrade seems to be a good company. I haven't had to file a claim but I hear nothing but good stuff.

SquareTrade 4-Year TV Protection Plan ($2250 - 2500)

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 9:03:52 PM PDT
Thank you for taking the time and providing this! I am using this for the 60'' version of this. The picture is great but I do have clouding issue with this. so I just changed the contrast to 98 and it looks great!

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 4:46:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 13, 2011 4:48:27 PM PDT
A. Purvis says:
My mother just bought this TV. I used these settings to callibrate it and WOW!!! What a difference! I do like this TV and wish I had one now. ;-)

Thank you, Crazy Shopper, for taking the time to clue us all in. It's much appreciated!

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 7:47:35 AM PDT
Hi, I bought this 55D7000 last week and calibrated it with ur settings. It looks good.. Have you found any new tweak to make it better?...there are two motion plus - Led auto motion plus and Motion plus from picture options. Not happy with those settings yet. Basically I am trying to fix the blur for fast moving objects.

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 5:47:30 AM PDT
Nossy says:
Thanks for the settings. To be honest, there's more issue to this tv. In some scenes, the blacks looks fine, but in some there's bleeding. The bleeding is just not from one place, it varies and can randomly appear at any corners. Sometimes the picture is perfect. There's many uniformity issue. I think this is the very last time I'll buy a Korean made TV. LG suffers the same kind of crap - quality. Only looks good at the store.

Posted on Sep 20, 2011 11:31:59 PM PDT
Tech1 says:
How do you access the last group of R G B settings?

Also I'm unable to change the HDMI Black Level in the settings?

Thank you.

Posted on Sep 20, 2011 11:33:16 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 20, 2011 11:33:31 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 4:39:53 PM PDT
Nizar Dahbar says:
Those settings were absolutely terrible, no offense. Not sure why - but they looked awful ... and I had 2 other people verify with their own eyes and I requested their input. They agreed, horrible.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 12:26:35 AM PDT
Nizar Dahbar,

You may need to tweak them a little. The setting where done by a computer and there the best rated setting for this TV.

I am not sure why you think there horrible everyone else seems to think they rock. But like I said tweaking them may help it also has to do with the light and distance in your room and your liking.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›