5.0 out of 5 stars Merrits My First Review!, January 30, 2012
This review is from: Black & Decker JE2200B 400-Watt Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor with Custom Juice Cup, Black (Kitchen)
A long time Yelper (feel free to follow me at silverspark.yelp.com), I figured it was time to start Amazon Reviewing. After recently watching "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead," I was motivated to add juicing to my attempts at leading a healthy life. I almost had a heart attack when I found out that the juicer used in the documentary is over $300! Since I tend to flip flop between healthy life style strategies, I didn't want to invest a lot of money in a juicer. For $29.88 + Free Shipping with Amazon Prime and such rave reviews, I knew this was the starter juicer of my dreams.

This baby didn't disappoint. So far, I have made drinks with cucumber, carrots, apples, and celery. This juicer seems to do its job just fine.

Pros:
-Easy to assemble
-Easy to wash (I STRONGLY recommend cleaning right after juicing, I just rinse most of the big pieces out and hit the blade portion with a dish cleaning brush and its done in 3 minutes tops!)
-Makes plenty of juice (I have not found that there is a lot of juice left in the pulp. I tried running the pulp again, just to see and I only got maybe 2 teaspoons extra.
-Compact size makes it perfect for small apartments like mine.
-If you don't want to bother with the provided cup the juice goes into, all the cups I own fit under the spout (this includes relatively large IKEA water glasses.

Cons:
-Make sure you wash all the parts before making your first cup of juice, then run some water though it. Water might go everywhere when you attempt this, but it is worth it since There was quite a bit of dirt in my appliance. There is no instruction to do this, and you will be unhappy if your first cup of juice is poisoned...
-If you want to juice large portions of juice, the opening for feeding the machine is pretty small. For making 16-24oz at a time, it's no big deal to cut down the items so they fit (I find long skinny pieces more effective than cubes which bounce around and sometimes don't get juiced.) For carrots I try to do smaller amounts, just to not risk stressing out the machine.
-Don't try and use this baby when the baby is sleeping, your roommate is studying, quiet of any kind is needed. My poor guinea pig thought the world was ending the first time I turned it on. Luckily, he is used to it now.

The biggest benefit is I feel much healthier and have more energy since I started consuming juice from this machine!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]