5.0 out of 5 stars The boy's "motorcycle", April 7, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Kawasaki Tough Trike (Toy)
My son calls this his motorcycle (well, it is a Kawasaki, right?). First off... he is very hard on toys! So far the only thing that is suffering on his bike are the stickers. He is only 35" tall and he cannot really peddle the bike just yet. He scoots and knows his feet are suppose to be on the peddles. He does get a little frustrated but I swear that if we had gotten this when he was younger (he's 2) he would have never learned to walk because he's been riding it since his first diaper change this morning.

This is just a bike and it does not make any special sounds, requires no batteries, nor is there much distraction with flashy characters and massive decoration. Putting it together requires a hammer and a screwdriver. The hammer is very important because the rear wheel assembly is very tight. It wasn't greatly difficult but you did have to make sure you followed the instructions on this one. We put it together in 10 or 15 minutes. Probably 15 since the boy was trying to help. The space under the seat is actually pretty big. He has a play phone he keeps in it plus his cheerios cup and a sippy cup can fit. So far so good... but we did just get it. If it breaks I'll update this with a time of how long it lasted.

UPDATE! 04.03.2013

We just now passed this tricycle on to another little boy. At 4 years old my boy is now on a real bike and we just didn't need this one. It looks exactly as it did when we got it with only slight wear on the stickers. It was left out on our patio in the hot morning sun, rain, sprinklers, cold and such. It showed no fading nor brittleness of the plastic after nearly 2 years. Woohoo!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 15, 2013 7:53:40 AM PDT
CKS987 says:
Thank you for updating it! My son is about 34" long and I was wondering if this would fit him! THANK YOU :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2013 8:49:51 AM PDT
The fun thing about tricycles is that they can scoot them along before they can even reach the peddles. That's what my boy did for a while. This was a great bike, it was loved hard, and it lived to tell the tale.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2013 10:23:19 PM PDT
If you haven't purchased this yet, I suggest looking at the Plasma Car. Great to scoot along; highly rated and my son is fast on it yet feels very secure. I get tons of questions about it when my son is writing it.

Posted on Nov 18, 2014 5:17:42 AM PST
THANK YOU for taking the time to share, to update, and kudos to Amazon yet again for the free-flow of information. I love the comments of others as well. I will be the popular Aunt this year, my 2 year old nephew will get a great surprise!

Posted on Nov 20, 2014 8:14:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2014 8:15:58 PM PST
NannyGranny says:
I had not intended to review this trike. Actually the item purchased was a Piranha classic mag trike, which is totally different. I bought it for its classic, updated look, the front basket, pin stripe design, and color. It is a very well made trike, easy to assemble and a joy for a young child 36" tall.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (683 customer reviews)

$34.99