Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic TV, March 29, 2013
This review is from: LG Electronics 47LA6200 47-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 120Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Four Pairs of 3D Glasses (2013 Model) (Electronics)
I bought this TV (the 47") to replace an older LG 42" LCD that I broke. I was looking to stay with LG since my last TV was great, and I preferred the passive 3D just because I don't want to pay an $50-$90 for a technology that will be lightly used at most. The 2D to 3D up-convert is just a bonus that makes it more usable.

Pros and Cons below, but one feature I was not prepared for that has been great, LG Cloud. Its a free 5Gb video, 2GB photo service. I can upload videos (including xvid) from my computer or phone and play via the cloud on my TV. Absolutely love that.

Pros
- Fantastic picture quality. Great blacks, very smooth.
- TruMotion, when used for stuff like sports and other high motion video (this is also a con, see below)
- Passive 3D with 2D to 3D makes this usable right out of the box.
- LG Cloud
- Huge collection of Smart TV Apps (Please add Amazon Instant)
- Price. I called and got the price dropped $120 to match BestBuy. Well worth it when you pay no shipping or tax (Prime)

Cons
- No Amazon Instant (at least not on the 47")
- No Magic Remote, which was in the description, but not with the 47" at least.
- TruMotion was on by default. It makes regular TV look kind of like a Soap Opera, that kind of cheesy looking filming, can't think of a better way to explain it. I turned it off.
- Picasa App doesn't seem to work, every time I click on an album the app closes.

Overall, the cons are about what I thought was included based on the description and 1 setting very easily turned off. The TV is a great, inexpensive Smart/3D TV. Nothing really I can complain about. Glad I stuck with LG.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 9 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 29, 2013 7:13:23 AM PDT
T. Williams says:
How wide is the 47" tv? Amazon states it is something like 52.4". I don't know how that can be right. I was looking at the tv for a built in and trying to figure out if it is too wide! The last model was 41.9" wide...I didn't know if this one was the same. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2013 7:18:45 AM PDT
42.25" wide x 24.5 tall

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 12:51:25 PM PDT
mattoleriver says:
I'm really sorry to see that there is no Amazon VOD.
How about You Tube, have they worked that one out yet?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2013 1:44:15 PM PDT
Yes, YouTube, Netflix, hull plus all work great.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 12:55:53 PM PDT
Vineet Tyagi says:
Did you try NFC feature on this TV? Does it work?

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 9:58:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 12, 2013 10:01:03 PM PDT
Heisenberg says:
Hi Hans,

Could you tell me if your set has any flashlighting or light bleeding problems. This represents itself when you are watching a movie in the dark and during darker scenes (or on the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen during wider aspect movies) it looks like a flashlight is coming out of the corners of the set. You can also tell by turning your TV on a black screen (like pausing before the credits roll) and the screen should look completely black and not blochy.

Theoretically, this set should not have the problem because it is back-lit and not edge-lit, but I want to make sure before purchasing this set because the flashlighting of my last LG LED made watching certain movies at night an unpleasant experience.

Thanks in advance!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2013 8:41:44 AM PDT
No light bleeding. I work nights so I have blackout blinds. I darkened my room and checked a few different movies that I have on the LG Cloud and didn't see anything like what you are describing at all.

Posted on Apr 20, 2013 5:23:45 AM PDT
Treadstone says:
hi
any chance you can confirm that it can work with 220 voltage also
thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2013 5:32:57 AM PDT
I can not confirm that personally, but the manual has the following spec "Power requirement AC 100 - 240 V ~ 50 / 60 Hz". I can't put links into here, but just Google 47LA6200 manual, and the first link is the LG support link to this manual.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2013 1:54:26 PM PDT