3.0 out of 5 stars Picture quality is good but Battery performance is disappointing and Camera gets hanged sometimes., July 16, 2012
This review is from: Nikon COOLPIX S6300 16 MP Digital Camera with 10x Zoom NIKKOR Glass Lens and Full HD 1080p Video (Blue) (Electronics)
I bought this camera with great expectations on photo quality and image capture options. Here goes feedback

Pros :

1.Photo Quality : It is upto the mark. Great photos can be captured . Photos can be zoomed in and edited with great clarity.
2.Camera Menu Options: It provides wide range of image capture options with plenty of scene selector modes.

Cons :

1.Battery performance : It is disappointing to see that a fully charged battery can capture only 120 photos. I thought the performance will improve after first few days charging but later realized that it is not very great.
2.Cannot access camera when it is charging. It is very frustrating.

3. Most important one : My Camera is getting hanged every now and then , I need to remove the battery to make it work again. I am not sure is it a fault in my camera only or with all S6300 , need to contact with Nikon to check what is causing this problem.

Hope this will help to make better decision.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 22, 2012 7:46:52 PM PST
What do you mean when you say the camera gets hanged? I am unsure what you mean by that but does that mean it will occasionally freeze and refuse to operate?

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 4:16:57 PM PST
Helen Abreu says:
Just purchased this camera, you are right! It froze.. I am returning now that I have read your review, clearly this is an issue with this brand..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 1:28:43 PM PST
I agree. The battery performance is sub par. An other issue I have encountered is the on and off button needs to be pushed repeatedly to start the camera.

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 9:37:27 PM PST
I just purchased this camera for a major event... And after taking only 20 pics the lens is stuck will not close and the camera is frozen. I can't turn it on and my event is tomorrow. This is the worst.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 11:59:03 AM PST
Rob says:
I just purchased the s6300. Still in the box. Because of the reviews, I'm afraid to open any packaging so I can take it back. Should I keep it or bring it back? mmmmmmm.

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 1:44:34 PM PDT
Jay D says:
I also own this camera and have been having the same issues with it hanging up and as you mentioned, the only way to get it going again is to remove the battery and reinstall it. Thank you for a great review and if you get any information on our problem with the hanging up, please let us know .

James