Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Rosetta stone offers a bunch of disapointments!, May 6, 2011
This review is from: Learn French: Rosetta Stone French - Level 1-5 Set (CD-ROM)
Rosetta stone keeps giving me error messages that cut me off from being able to use the Rosetta stone language program. Today's error message is: database is out of date. Rosetta stone states they have 24 hours support. But when I called the Rosetta stone customer support line they told me that the support I need to get my Rosetta stone language program to work is closed. But they are open to take my money if I want to buy a new one. This has happened many times! What a rip off for the amount of money I spent on Rosetta stone. I can't even get into my Rosetta stone program to make it work.

There are so many disappointments with Rosetta stone language system. It took forever for me to activate the Rosetta stone system in the first place. I couldn't find where my Rosetta stone activation code was. You need to contact customer support, who are closed, when you want to activate the system. With 1 Rosetta stone License you are able to have 2 learners. I have not been able to register a second learner because they have multiple accounts for me because of the failed attempts to activate my Rosetta stone program. The Rosetta stone headphones only worked in one ear from day one. The Rosetta stone voice recognition program is broken and never worked so I have not been able to use the programs that monitor and correct my speech.

I have now had the program for 2 years and do not feel like I have gained any speaking skills with the learning style that Rosetta stone uses. There are no translations in the Rosetta stone philosophy;Only use of pictures. Sometimes I have no clue what the words and the pictures mean. I have not developed a vocabulary with Rosetta stone's program. Rosetta Stone has let me down with its style of learning new languages.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Sep 27, 2011 11:05:10 AM PDT
Hi Interactivebrain,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've experienced so many problems with your Rosetta Stone program! If you have a Version 3 or 4 TOTALe program, you can install it on 2 computers, with up to 5 learners on each computer. If it is not allowing you to install your program on another computer, please call our Customer Care team at (866) 834-6115, Option 3 (current operating hours are Monday through Friday from 9AM-10PM EST and Sunday from 1PM-10PM EST) and they should be able to help you out.

Our method of Dynamic Immersion teaches you your new language by directly associating words in your new language with objects, actions and ideas that convey meaning. Rosetta Stone uses the Dynamic Immersion Method to simulate a real-life immersion experience. You'll start off learning simple words, then progress naturally to phrases to sentences and conversations. Each lesson builds on the previous lesson, so you'll continue to see the words you've learned in new and different contexts, so if you don't understand the exact meaning the first time you see a new word that's okay; you'll see it again.
With Rosetta Stone, you learn more than syntax and vocabulary: you develop language-learning strategies that will help you in any context, at any point in language development. Instead of translation and memorization, you learn how to depend on your own skills of pattern recognition, correlation, deduction and induction, just as you would in real conversation.

I hope this information helps!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
A comment by the manufacturer   (What's this?)
Initial post: Sep 27, 2011 11:05:10 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2011 9:37:10 PM PST
I hate the fact that Rosetta stone is trying to cover up their short commings in the problems they are faced with. Frankly, if you're going to tell these people that they're running a pirated version after multiple drive crashes YOU ARE TELLING THEM YOU ARE IN THE INDUSTRY TO RIP PEOPLE OFF, because of this MOST SMART PEOPLE WILL NOT BUY FROM YOU.

These reviews are enlightening to the problems users have faced and other companies in your situation have allowed for these items. Frankly you've lost my buisness before I've even hit the buy button or called you for a fix. Forget you, and your company. MAYBE WHEN YOUR COMPANY REMOVES IT'S HEAD FROM IT'S ASS, I WILL BUY A COPY.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›