26 of 29 people found the following review helpful
I really like this better than the 1st one,
This review is from: Missundaztood (Audio CD)
Here's a song by song review:
1) Missundaztood - an upbeat pop tune with a Nelly Furtado feel. Catchy and energetic. A+
2) Don't let me get me - the most rock influenced song on the album, it kinda brings back mid 90's pop punk rock. The guitars are strong.
3) Just like a Pill - Another catchy pop hit with rock influence. This can easy be the next single, its upbeat and infectious
4) Get the party started - Disco pop. Has a weird 70's vibe and also has some urban groove to it. If Madonna worked with a hip hop producer, it would sound like this
5) Respect - She raps in this!!! She even says in the beginng of the song, "This my rap song, uh!" LOL she sounds good on here, her voice is strong. Upbeat and catchy with a beatbox in the background.
6) 18 wheeler - Extremely catchy song, if it werent for the guitars and percussion I would call this a dance song. It has a nice strong messege too
7) Family portrait - I like the melody and the beat. The lyrics are out of this world, kinda shocking
8) Misery with Steven Tyler - awesome freaking awesome!!! I seriously love this song. Steve and Pinks voices blend like a fine soup. It sounds great and could belong in your father's classic 60's rock collection
9) Dear diary - Indie rock mixed with pop. Like the whispery chorus. Nice song
10) Eventually - A soul R&B ballad. Pink sings very loud and clear, with a lot of power. When my mom heard this, she said "God, she has a beautiful voice"
11) Lonely girl - It's good. Linda perry appears on it. Very rock sounding, great guitar opening
12) Numb - Love it, so much feminine attitude. Yeah it does kinda sound Fiona Apple or Alanis like. But Pink puts her own spin on it. Love the lyric "No sleep, no sex, for you from your ex-girlfriend, you made me numb"
13) Gone to California - Love it!!!! Nice soul ballad. Could use a little kickstart like a melody or drums, but it's great
14) My vietnam - If you like pop rock then you'll die for this. Awesome lyrics