5.0 out of 5 stars This is my second pair, August 31, 2010
This review is from: The Original MuckBoots Adult Wetland Boot (Apparel)
We first used these boots for our trip to Antarctica. They were the perfect footwear for that climate - warm, waterproof, pliable, durable, easy on and easy off, and comfortable. You can even roll down the top of the boot when you need to cool off a bit. We were sloshing through snow and ice and and two feet of freezing water and my feet never got wet or cold. I bought one size up from my regular size since we were wearing heavier socks (really didn't need the heavy socks with this boot - just regular and thinsulate socks).

I needed a size 7 for regular wear around the ranch and was unable to find them in the stores, which turned out to be a good thing. The price was a bit lower on Amazon and I also got free shipping. The boots arrived within a week of the order date.

I keep them by the front door so I can easily slip into them. Since it's summer, I keep the tops rolled down unless I'm around the lake or in high grass. The lining is a high-vis orange color that can be seen for a good distance. That's a good thing to have during hunting season.

We will buy these boots again when the current ones wear out. I'm not sure when that's going to be since they're made so well.

ETA 11/16/2012 It's been a little over two years since I wrote the original review and I still wear the boots every day. About a month ago the sole came loose from the left boot and that's not an uncommon problem in boots made this way. However, a quick check on the Muck Boots website said to use sealant found in hardware stores to repair the natural rubber. Goop-brand marine sealant is recommended; however, we were only able to find boot and shoe Goop, which did just fine. You need to clean the area with mineral spirits before applying the sealant. Wipe sealant to a thin film, and let sealant dry for 24 hours. My husband clamped the sole to the boot; but first he put vaseline on the clamps to make sure they wouldn't stick to the boot - this sealant is tough!

An another note, I noticed some people had trouble with the sizes. The Muck company website states "Men and women half sizes move down in size. For example: Men's size 6-˝ - order 6M Women's size 6-˝ - order 6W." If you need help, the folks at Muck are always available. Their phone number is 1-817-326-5470.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 10, 2013 8:54:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2013 8:57:20 AM PST
Rocky brand muck boots suck! ...stay away unless you want poor customer support and products. I bought a pair and two months (only used them 10 times) later they started falling apart at the seams. I called customer service for a repair or replacement but they wouldn't help and just directed me back to the retailer. Because I didn't have a receipt I was out of luck. With computers and all, it's funny how companies can't track a sale without a receipt..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2013 9:07:12 AM PST
S. Mason says:
I hope you realize my review is about the Original MuckBoots and not the Rocky Brand muck boots. Different manufacturer. All contact I've have with the MuckBoots company has been very pleasant. Of course, had you ordered through Amazon you would have not only had a receipt; but, also the Amazon guarantee.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›