Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

1.0 out of 5 stars Whatever happened to quality?, June 27, 2011
This review is from: Wrangler Men's Rugged Wear Relaxed-Fit Jean (Apparel)
I've been wearing Wrangler relaxed fit jeans for many years now, always ordering from Amazon because they always have my size. I may have to reconsider after the last few pair. As previous astute reviewers have mentioned, these jeans are not only missing the rivets, but they shrink A LOT. I have my own washer and dryer. I wash cold and tumble dry with cold air and still these jeans shrink WAY too much, going from comfortable to ballcrushers in one wash and dry cycle. Some reviews have mentioned defects and I have now joined that crowd. I bought a pair back in April. Do I wear my new jeans right away? No, but I like to have a backup pair or two because I wear them to work and having a new clean pair on hand is important. I tore open the packing on the new pair this morning and was wondering if I had brain damage as I sipped coffee and tried unsuccessfully to get my belt in the belt loops, wondering what was going on... until I realized the jeans HAD NO BELT LOOPS. What in the holy hell use is a pair of Wranglers without belt loops? And what has happened to the quality control of these jeans that a defect like that could go unnoticed? Since it is now near the end of June it is too late for me to return the jeans without going through all kinds of bull____, so I am EXTREMELY disappointed with Wrangler AND Amazon. Now some of you might say, "Jack, why didn't you just open the goddamned package when you got them and give them a look see?" My response? "They are Wranglers from Amazon. I checked that I got the right size and color, why should I have to check for belt loops?" Please note I'm a long-time Amazon shopper who has rarely had to return anything. So... anyone want a free pair of jean with no ____ing belt loops? For Christ's sake. I guess I'll see what Levi's has to offer in relaxed fit and hope I don't get shafted again with missing belt loops or one giant pantleg or some other insanity.

Update 2011 07 18 - Two weeks ago I unwrapped the last pair of Wranglers I had tucked away from my last purchase. For two weeks they were great - a good fit, with a bit of room in the butt and crotch (I have to bend and squat and sometimes get right down on the floor under desks at work, so a bit of room helps avoid the dreaded testicular crush). On the weekend I washed these jeans. NO detergent, just water. COLD water only, for a 20 minute wash and rinse cycle. They went in the dryer, COLD AIR DRY only, for about twenty minutes. Then I let them hang and finish drying at room temperature. When I put them on this morning they had shrunk at least 1 full size. I felt like my gonads were being crushed by an angry Sumo wrestler. That CAN'T be normal. Should I just buy jeans 2 or 3 sizes bigger from now on and assume they will shrink? This is crazy.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2011 3:00:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 5, 2011 3:07:57 PM PDT
awdiokreep says:
I suggest a visit to your local Target store. Cheaper, seventeen bucks, try them on at the store. Just bought black pair and blue pair, belt loops and rivets ok, one made in Mex, other made in Nicaragua. Both prs fine after washer and dryer. You could go to Wrangler dot com cust service returns and arrange to return your defective pairs directly to VF Wrangler.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 7:40:19 AM PDT
Good suggestion - thanks!

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 11:11:57 PM PDT
KC says:
I wish I could try on my size (46-48) locally, like at Target, but rarely do they carry anything larger than 44. It's difficult to find that size anywhere locally, with the exception of specialty "big and tall" stores, but they charge an arm and a leg...or should I say two legs...at those places, quite a bit more than they cost on Amazon.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 3:19:57 AM PDT
driven says:
Wrangler quality is no longer what it once was. I usually throw my jeans into the tub and throw in a bit of detergent, let them soak, rinse them twice, then hang them out to dry.

That said, I have now had two Wrangler jeans rip in the crotch area and I am not talking about a small rip either. One pair ripped for about 5 inches right next to the center seam and the other ripped on both sides of the center seam. One pair was only about a year old and I am a desk jockey - I don't see how these jeans got a lot of wear sitting at a desk!

Posted on Jul 3, 2013 9:18:23 PM PDT
M. Koll says:
I've washed mine three times now. Cold water wash with detergent. Air dried only. Still look and feel new. May be a quality control issue. Luck of the draw? I doubt I will buy on-line again as I'd like to see how they fit first.

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 7:29:30 PM PDT
Levis used to warn you up front about shrinkage of 1-2 full sizes, back in the day. Don't recall if Wrangler ever did. Regardless, 100% cotton denim shrinks. So yes, order two waist sizes larger and at least 1 inseam size larger. I just did that. Got mine today and they are a loose fit out of the package. I expect them to tighten up to just about the right size after they're washed.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2013 4:22:24 AM PDT
Good idea! Thanks.

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 8:15:40 PM PDT
boxwood100 says:
First of all, please do not take the name of Christ in vain - he made you, you need to be respectful. That said, check on Shepler's website at sheplers.com for all styles of Wranglers. Hate to say this but if you buy Wranglers from Target and Walmart, they're the cheapies, not the regular Wranglers.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2013 12:59:45 PM PST
zon moy says:
good luck finding pants at target or any big box stores for big men, size 58 for me at minimum though I prefer going larger since jeans will shrink in the wash.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2014 12:20:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2014 12:21:27 PM PST
Crotch ripping is the most frequent problem I seem to have with all jeans. im also tall. i really would like to know the solution. I suspect its also due to the increasing number of low rise jeans. im trying hard to find jeans with a larger crotch area or stronger inseam.. Anybody have any suggestions?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›