1.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty: Ghosts (aka - A Shade of its Former Self), November 21, 2013
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts - PlayStation 4 (Video Game)
This is by far the worst Call of Duty. Here are the issues:
- The maps are gigantic with too few players. Average or part time players will wander around the map looking for someone to kill and get repeatedly shot in the back. Which leads to:
- The spawning system is only surpassed in stupidity by Black Ops I. The highly studied players camp the spawns so deaths come very quickly even when you get a map sorted out.
- Camping is rewarded to greatly in this game, probably because new players are tired of getting lost and killed quickly. If you play objective type games the game play is terrible. You could have several people doing their own thing in Black Ops II and still have an enjoyable game. With Ghosts it's virtually impossible to have fun if you have two or three lone wolf players on your team.
- The leveling system is ridiculously complicated. Since the maps are huge, there are many of them, and you can't be sure what type of team you'll be playing with you're pretty much relegated to playing a stealthy player just to hedge your bets.
- The players blend into the scenery so much it is almost impossible to see your enemies...
- The lag issues are strange since it looks like there's no lag but I'm repeatedly killed by players who I didn't see and in kill cam they run out from a corner and then shoot me. Must be the Ghosts reference in Call of Duty since from my perspective they were invisible.
- The game load times are atrocious and I've been booted for inactivity because the game is frozen while loading.

On the plus side - invest 48 hours of your life into learning the spawning logic, maps, and leveling up your squad so you can make an adequate/versatile soldier and you'll probably own the nubes.

You'd be much better just playing with yourself rather than buying Call of Duty: Ghosts.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 27, 2013 8:49:20 PM PST
Multiplayer sucks, ... Head line....

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 8:40:28 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 29, 2013 8:41:59 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 8:45:23 AM PST
Jeffrey Tann says:
I agree with this post completely. I bought this game and it was a waste of my money.

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 2:20:50 AM PST
BADBOY says:
i bought the digital download from amazon and have spent 17 hours trying to download it wtg sony

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 12:54:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2013 12:58:15 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Michael this is a PS4 review, clearly you played a different version, likely the PS3. There's no lag, the spawning system occasionally I'll get shot immediatley but it's very infrequent. Players blend into the scenery, no not on a PS4 with a HDTV, that's wrong. Are you that impatient you can;t wait a minute until the game plays, there's your loading time. A couple of the maps I just do not like. Stonehenge is a dumb map it's like a big hill one of the worst ever, I don't like that robot factory map either but that's not a big map just tired of playing that level, as well there's another map that has the big glass window everybody breaks and you land on a cement structure too much of that map is uncovered you just can't run accross without smoke. COD Ghosts is a 4 to me, and the single player was really fun once you got past the early traintrack gameplay. a one star grade is just a punk move and by this guys last comment was just rude. By the way Riley the dog, best rendered character ever in COD, love Riley, favorite perk ever too.

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 11:01:04 AM PST
Daniel says:
I completely agree with this review, it is 100% correct. This game is extremely flawed, and poorly designed. What a mess!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2013 1:00:21 PM PST
Azhrei says:
so................ the multiplayer sucks. How's the singleplayer campaign?

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 2:29:28 PM PST
When you say you'd be better off playing with yourself, do you mean just get a Rubiks Cube or do you mean something more 'cylindrical' in shape? Judging by your great ghost puns I may already know the answer!

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 3:53:06 PM PST
The game looks and runs very well on PS4. The initial reviews claims of framerate dips were never noticed. The campaign is pretty standard fare. Don't expect anything worthy of a replay unless you are a trophy collector.

We all buy Call of Duty for MP...or most of us do. This is where the game goes south. I agree with the original reviewer. The spawning system is atrocious. I've had more than my fair share of 5 spots (aka, 5 straight spawn deaths) in my almost 20 hours of gameplay. The other component I agree with the original reviewer regarding this game is the rewarding of campers. If I'm not being shot in the back due to a horrible spawn, I'm being shot in the back by an invisible player who's kill cam shows him sitting absolutely still. Campers have always been an annoyance to me, but this game seems to be far worse than any other CoD. I don't get what is fun about playing a war game to lay down, but I suppose it works for some. It just stinks finishing a TDM match 42-39. That's boring.

Infinity Ward is not what it used to be, and this game shows it.

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 6:39:19 PM PST
MacFong says:
I didnt buy this and I am so glad I didnt waste my money. I think the franchise just wants to make as much money in as short a time possible and there many who will help them do just that. BO2 had lots of timing/lag flaws that they could fix but they didnt. Why would I spend more money if they dont act in good faith and fix their problem?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.4 out of 5 stars (864 customer reviews)

$39.99 $28.60