Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

4.0 out of 5 stars Be the life of the party., November 16, 2011
Anyone who loved using Polaroid or Instant cameras in the past, this little (sort of) gem is going to make you do the Charlie Brown happy dance.
I took this baby out the first night that I got it and while it is a bit bulkier than my tiny point and shoot, it is way more fun. My friends and I were backstage at a show and we were able to take photos with the band and have them autograph the photos for us. Not to mention when was the last time you got a group of people standing around laughing at pictures you just took.

As much as I love my new friend maker, there are a number of pros and cons.

Pros:
The amount of visual effects that can be added to the pictures is staggering considering that this camera is doing a lot to begin with.
There are 10 different borders from snowflakes, and hearts to standard Polaroid, and for the vintage peel apart enthusiast there is a border just for you.
A multitude of shooting programs from the standard come with every camera (daylight, night, portrait, landscape) to a plethora of fun ones like LOMO, snow (for shooting against snowy background), party, soft skin, flowing water, fisheye, and my personal favorite pre-composition where you can take a picture as a reference first and then shoot the subject in front of the precaptured image.
In addition there are also color options like vintage polaroid, b&w, sepia, and b&w w/ vignetting.
Since it has a memory chip you can give away the printed pictures because have them saved.
The Zink paper doesn't tear.

Cons:
People are so fascinated by it that you will be required to play show and tell. This gets worse once you print because everyone will want a copy for themselves, and even though the Zink paper is cheaper than the Polaroid film was, at approx. $.60 per print this could get expensive fast.
The battery will only print about 25 shots before dying. I also haven't found a place to purchase an additional battery pack.
The only way to check the battery is to turn the camera on. I wish they had put an indicator light on the outside so you can see when it's safe to unplug. I personally prefer to charge my batteries outside of the camera.
The camera will only hold 10 sheets of paper at a time. Which means you are dragging packs of paper with you.
The printing process is relatively slow, not quite as slow as waiting for a Polaroid to develop, but it won't be shooting that picture out with the speed of it predecessor.
It's the size of the Spectra, so it not going to be sliding into a back pocket or tiny handbag.
It does have a learning curve as I kept finding features but then not being able to locate them again later.

All in all a well made product that brings back a bit of the Polaroid fun days. While I agree it is sitting at a bit of a high price point, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
And if you are Amazon does returns.

P. S. I have read a number of reviews on various other sites with people saying that Polaroid isn't useful any longer as they can capture images with their phones and load directly to Facebook to share. To those people I can only say you are absolutely correct. You can do all of those things and this camera is definitely not for you. Please move on. You don't get it and quite frankly those who do don't feel like explaining it to you.

UPDATE: THERE IS A CARD IN THE BATTERY SLOT THAT SAYS REMOVE BEFORE INSERTING BATTERY. IT IS A BIT HIDDEN SO LOOK FOR IT.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 17, 2011 6:38:05 PM PST
How do you install the battery? The back door of the camera will not close after installing the battery. Is there's a trick to this?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 8:59:52 PM PST
hzl says:
I cannot fix this problem either.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 10:16:10 PM PST
Anakasha says:
I had the same problem. Take the battery out and look at the very bottom of the battery slot there is a card that says remove before inserting battery. I know stupid place to put it. Here's the trick though the dang thing is completely jammed in there, especially since I had already made it worse by putting the battery in, and after quite a bit of trial and error (ps. tape on a stick does not work), I just violently shook the thing until it flew out.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 8:46:15 AM PST
Apple Jacki says:
Well said... I understand exactly what you typed. I prefer a regular point or shoot and a bluetooth printer. They are smaller printers that run on batteries that will deliver better and bigger prints. I am sorry that it cost $299... However, if they drop the price by next week to $99 to $149 (like Best Buy mentioned), I will get it. Otherwise, it does not meet my expectation. Any iPod with camera will win over this hands down! I am not going to mention DSLR cameras because it won't be fair. Thanks for your review. However, I am returning my until for my $300. Polaroid is not back with bang... the only BANG is on my wallet!

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 1:18:23 PM PDT
Where is it??? I can't find it!!!

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 8:01:40 AM PST
J. Hyche says:
My first camera was a polaroid and I totally UNDERSTAND and you wouldn't have to explain a thing to me!!! It started my LOVE for photography when I was a teenager : )

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 3:14:54 PM PST
Shubby says:
How do I change the color of the pictures?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 5:02:38 PM PST
Anakasha says:
Have you tried Googling for the users manual? I only ask because there are a number of ways to change the color of a picture or the way the picture looks and I could show you if I was in front of you, but I'm not really a manual writer so it's difficult to explain.

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 3:48:09 PM PDT
sjpagan says:
Wasabi Power Battery for Polaroid Z340 Instant Camera & GL10 Mobile Printer

Would this battery be what you were looking for?

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 8:01:14 PM PST
THANK YOU for noting the # of pages the camera can hold. I was looking through every spec on this camera and had no luck. THANK YOU! Very Helpful.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›