5.0 out of 5 stars A nice accessory for my Kindle Fire and iPad, December 9, 2011
This review is from: AmazonBasics Stylus for Touchscreen Devices Including Kindle Fire HD 8.9-Inch, Kindle Fire HD 7-Inch, Kindle Fire, Apple iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 (Personal Computers)
I never really needed a stylus for my iPad 1, since the screen was pretty big, and even my fumble-fingers could operate the virtual keyboard. With my Kindle Fire, however, it's a different story. I can use the keyboard, but I make too many mistakes while typing. When someone on Kindle Boards recommended the AmazonBasics Stylus, I decided to give it a try.

After using it for a while, I like the stylus. I don't really need it for most apps, but for typing emails or anything that requires typing on the virtual keyboard, it's invaluable. It's even more helpful for clicking links in the Kindle Fire's web browser. Also - and this is a big plus - the stylus tip glides over the screen very smoothly, making it a valuable tool in drawing apps.

The stylus also works well on my iPad 1.

I like the size and heft of the stylus. It's about 4˝ inches long by slightly less than 1/3 inch in diameter. The weight is about a half ounce (I'm estimating). The stylus pad is rounded and is very soft. The other end has a replaceable lanyard about 2˝ inches long.

I agree with other reviewers that the stylus should have a pocket clip on the end, but this wasn't a deal-breaker for me. The benefits outweigh the minor deficiencies.

And thank you, Amazon, for the frustration-free packaging.
----------------------------------------
UPDATE April 3, 2013: I see that the stylus now features a pocket clip, and the price is much less than it cost when I purchased it in 2011. That makes this a much more useful stylus at a very attractive price.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]