4.0 out of 5 stars Great, February 26, 2011
This review is from: Crazy Love (Plus The Light Sides) [+Digital Booklet] (MP3 Music)
Here's my thoughts and ratings on them. I always listen to a cd twice over before reviewing it. I sum up the cd at the end.

1.Tally Ho-I like it ok, but it kind makes me think of Santa Clause when he says ho-ho. Kinda punchy and sounds like total fun to play on guitar. 2.5 stars.

2.Your Love Is A Mystery-I LOVE this one, I thought it was hilarious here, "I pray sincerely that your love is truly blind", that was great. It's gotta a great beat, great lyrics, something to work out to. I loved the message of the song, I loved the way they presented it, it's pretty great. 5 stars.

3. Crazy Love-I absolutely love this song as well, it's the reason I decided to get the cd. I love the presentation of the song and the message in the song. I can't decide if I still like this one better than Your Love Is A Mystery or not. 5 stars.

4.My Last Breath-I thought this was a good one. It's slower than the other ones, and has a great message. This is a really great worship song, gotta get this down on guitar. 4 stars.

5.We're Alright-This is an ok song. It's kind of a care-free, let go kind of song, just what I need right now. Kind of what I need right now. Great jam song but not one of my favorites on the cd. 3 stars.

6.Skeleton-I never was too fond of this one, sounds kind of fun on guitar. I like the lyrics, but there's something about it that makes me not like it as much as the others. 2 stars.

7. We Can Change The World-I thought this was a pretty great song. Loved the lyrics. It's really got a great message, totally true and inspiring. We really need to get up and start changing the world before it changes us. Gotta be the underdogs and help those who need help, we really are God's hands and feet. ,"Never walk away from someone who deserves help; your hand is God's hand for that person." Provers 3:27. 4 stars.

8.One Shote-LOVE this song! Totally awesome beat and lyrics. Love the total punk punch it's got, inspiring, fun, catchy, just a monster of a song. Really want to learn this one on guitar. 5 stars.

9.Fraud-This one was pretty cool, nothin funner than a punk ballad(is it?). I loving walking through a song story, and I just loved the setup of the song. When the overlap voices(what's it called? Overlapping? Voice-over?) it's pretty cool sounding. Monster ballad. 4 stars.

10.Joanna-This one was another just fun one with a catchy chorus. Why Joanna though? It's fun but not the best. 2.5 stars.

11.LAX-Did NOT like this one, but after reading all their tweets I can see why they hate airports and I do not blame them. I just didn't like the way they did the song. Kinda wild though, for some reason the different ways Jason(I'm assuming it was him) did his voice reminded me of Marilyn Manson(!?), don't know why... 1 star.

12.Done Holding On-This is a totally true song for everyone I think. I think everyone's felt like this at some point or another. I like the song, it's beautiful. 4 stars.
13.Thanks For The Beautiful Memories-I thought this one was ok, it's pretty cool the band summing things up and thanking all the fans. Cool kind of salute to everyone who supports them. 2.5 stars.

Altogether I'm really glad I got this cd, another cd to add to my humble little collection. It was better than Live Life Loud(which I must admit is my least favorite HN cd, but there were several songs on it I liked).

The Light Sides
I kind of looked forward to this album more than Crazy Love, but they were both pretty good.

1.California-This one kind of disappointed me, I was expecting an acoustic guitar to play along with. I didn't really like the style they did it, kind of choirish and Beach Boyish(not that I don't like the Beach Boys, I do). Anyhow, don't really like it. 1 star.

2. Friend Like That-This is more of what I was looking for! I love it! I GOTTA learn it on guitar, sound like tons of fun to play along to. Love the message of the song, really great, and love the style, so much fun. Love everything about it. 5 freakin stars.

3.Zero-Love this one. For some reason this version sounds a bit more powerful than the original version, but I love both versions. Gotta learn to play along with this one too. Only thing that annoyed me was the organish thing that occasionally sprang up loud, I prefer organs as only far background instruments(if that makes any sense). 5 stars.

4.Stagefright-It's ok, it was really quite interesting to listen to. I find it rather amusing for some reason. I can't put my finger on what it reminds me of. Still can't decide whether I really like it or not. 3 stars.

5.First Time-Love this one as well! It's got plenty of punk energy. Total funness this song is another to add to my guitar playing list. Loved the ending =P. Always loved this song. 5 stars.

6.You Have What I Needed-Liked this one quite well too, another to add guitar list. They did an amazing job on it. It seems a bit slower but still tons of fun. Always liked this song, this version is pretty great. 4.5 stars.

7.Everything You Ever Wanted-Love it! I REALLY gotta learn both piano and guitar for this one. I thought the piano bit was pretty good. I've got the regular version of this one down for guitar, pretty fun. Always liked this song too. 4.5 stars.

8.Head On Collision-LOVE the guitar work in this, love everything about it. It's definitely got some punk punch to it. It seems a bit bouncier than the regular version. Awesome song. Another to the growing guitar playbook. 5 stars.

9.Long Ago-I like this song, but never was one of my favorites. Catchy though. Sounds like some fun to do on guitar though. 3.5 stars.

10.Take Me-I always loved this song. I think I like this one better then the other acoustic version on Letters To The President Deluxe Edition. I think...I can't decide, I like it anyway it is. 4.5 Stars.

11.36 Days-I like this song, but it gets old after a while. I like the original version better, the harmonica is a little annoying. I've never been to fond of harmonicas. 2 stars.

All in all this was an AWESOME cd, it was better than I excpected. They did a really awesome job on it. I was really excited when I saw the get one cd get the other deal. I always love getting acoustic versions, sometimes I just like to play along on my acoustic and just have fun. I'd say 4 stars for it.(If you average it out based on my ratings it comes out less than 4 stars but the monsterly awesomeness of the 5 star ones makes me push it up a bit)

[Add comment]